IBRD - Canada, Winnipeg Chapter

Barefooting Bob

Chapter Presidents
Jul 18, 2010
Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada
A little late to the punch on this, but here is a quick recap of the local Winnipeg event. It was not the nicest of days, with a temperature hovering around 11 degrees celcius with off and on rain. I was running the Winnipeg Police Service Half Marathon that morning, barefoot of course, so I did garnish a lot of questions and comments, which I gladly discussed IBRD and tried to encourage some participants to hang around after the race for a quick barefoot run. Unfortunately with a wet half mary, I had a low turn out of myself, my wife and a friend wearing Vibrams (all three of us had ran that morning including our friend who ran her first half). So that would be 3. We had a quick jaunt around in the rain and called it a day, it was rather chilly.

Unfortunately, some of our local members were out of town on either business or bowling tournments, so hopefully we can try this again next year with more success.

Bob

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Was with you in spirit Bob. I had to run barefoot in Newfoundland, it was so foggy that I could not find my shoes. :) On a little side note though, on the last game of the tournament I was asked by the judge of play to put my shoes on. The next day as everyone was departing I went for my morning run up signal hill the same guy was loading provincials contingents to the airport (the departures were staggered through the day) and I could not help but tell him with a smile the " see i was already wearing taps". Got a chuckle for that one. Did bring home the gold, go Manitoba.

Hi Dutchie. I am going to start a conversation about Gabapentin in the Health forum. Please find me there.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7