IBRD 2015

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Barefoot Terry, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Barefoot Terry

Barefoot Terry Chapter Presidents
    1. California...
    2. Michigan
    3. Oregon
    4. California...

Hey Everyone!!!

Been busy with a new little one at home...BUT it's almost time for IBRD!!!

What ideas do you have for this year's event??? Lots of places to run!

Taking suggestions now...Joaquin Miller, Lake Chabot, Redwood Regional, N. Bay (Mt. Tam?)...Sierras (Western States Trail)....let me know what you want to see happen and I'll get it planned!

~Barefoot Terry
    Chapter President

Efrem, Barefoot TJ and paulbeales like this.
  2. Barefoot Bone Rod

Barefoot Bone Rod Barefooters
    1. California...

Hi Terry. Congrats on the little one! What day is IBRD? I am pretty open minded on location, however, as usual for me, I would say the more barefoot-able the better. Redwood Reg., one of my regular spots, is probably the most barefoot-able of the list. I know we did that before but I'd do it again no prob.

Joaquin Miller: This has become my favorite biking spot over the last year, but oddly enough I haven't ran it! Seems a lot if not most would be barefoot-able. One potential downside is its so small and can be hard to accumulate mileage without a little backtrack/overlap/multiple-loops, but I am most def open to it.

Lake Chabot: I run this on occasion, usually sticking to trails on the east side near the golf course, gun range and looping around via the foot bridge back towards the golf course. I've never did the big loop around the lake, but I would like to someday (~12 miles?? not sure) I do think much of it would be barefoot-able. I am open this as well.

Sierras/Western States: I haven't ran before but I'm especially curious. I've crossed the WST at a particular point southwest of Forest Hill and recall a lot of poison oak, although if the trail is well maintained that shouldn't be an issue. I also was doing some research for potential MTB riding and read about a loop called Forest Hill Divide trail, which is a loop and is supposed to be pretty smooth, 11 miles 11,000ft elev. gain (http://www.singletracks.com/bike-trails/foresthill-divide.html). Are you familiar with this loop Terry? Sounds like it might be a really fun BF running adventure.

Keep me posted.

Rod

paulbeales, Barefoot TJ and Efrem like this.
  3. Efrem

Efrem Chapter Presidents
    1. California...

I'm ok with any of those places. I run Redwood regional park a lot and I don't mind venturing out to try something new. Maybe even up Mount Diablo and back. I could go for 10-12 miles give or take a few.

paulbeales and Barefoot TJ like this.
  4. Running Romeo

Running Romeo Barefooters
    1. California...

My schedule is up in the air so I can't guarantee I can make it but I'm up for anywhere and any distance. PS- Congratulations on the new baby! :cigar:

Efrem and Barefoot TJ like this.
  5. jjhenry

jjhenry Barefooters
    1. California...

I'll just throw this out there although I might be the only one on the peninsula, and perhaps the only pavement pounder. I just ran at Half Moon Bay yesterday. The coastal trail was very nice; I ran 3 miles south from Pillar Point and back. The pavement for the most part is nice, only a few sections that were rougher than I like, but were tolerable. Pros: flat, coastal breeze, coastal view, Half Moon Bay Brewing Company. Cons: Pavement, little shade, distance from participants.

With that said, I'm happy to go out to the East Bay or wherever. I haven't gone over 6 miles in many months, but I could probably suck it up and do 10-12, albeit slowly.

Efrem and Barefoot TJ like this.
  6. Barefoot Terry

1. California...
    2. Michigan
    3. Oregon
    4. California...

Lots of great ideas, guys! Efrem, you mentioned Mt. Diablo... have you run trails there? I've always wanted to run there. I know there are lots of areas. The summit trail and some other parts of the park that are more around the mountain than up/down.

Half Moon sounds nice, except the pavement part haha!

Any more runners out there want to put in their two cents???

7. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

Please register as soon as you have some concrete plans, so we can help you get the word out to all of our resources. Thanks, Mr. Terry!

8. NorCal Will

NorCal Will Barefooters
    1. California...

I'm up for whatever. Although last year, we took my 2-cents about Redwood Regional - so it's time for others to put in their 2-cents.

9. Efrem

Efrem Chapter Presidents
    1. California...

Terry I cannot say I know Mt. Diablo trails well. Definitely the easiest for me is Redwood Regional since I live in the area, but for the special occasion I am willing to get out to somewhere.

10. Barefoot Terry

1. California...
    2. Michigan
    3. Oregon
    4. California...

If you guys are all up to an adventure I'd like to try Diablo. Researching Eagle Peak and Bald Ridge trails. If you know anything else let me know. Will try to decide and post final decision tonight!

11. Barefoot Terry

1. California...
    2. Michigan
    3. Oregon
    4. California...

Ok, everyone. Here is a rough outline...looking at Falls Trail at Mount Diablo. Says its great when it rains and there is mud. Granted there won't be mud, but it seems to me that it is more likely dirt not rocky. They suggest it is better when there is mud - I interpret that as it's not slippery rocks. I could be very wrong. Bring a pair of huaraches or something just in case. Time will likely be around 8 am

Full details will be posted in an event link this afternoon hopefully.

http://www.savemountdiablo.org/activities_hikes.html#falls_trail

This is a link to a page that describes the location and trail.

12. Barefoot Terry

1. California...
    2. Michigan
    3. Oregon
    4. California...

Ok, everyone. Here is a rough outline...looking at Falls Trail at Mount Diablo. Says its great when it rains and there is mud. Granted there won't be mud, but it seems to me that it is more likely dirt not rocky. They suggest it is better when there is mud - I interpret that as it's not slippery rocks. I could be very wrong. Bring a pair of huaraches or something just in case. Time will likely be around 8 am

Full details will be posted in an event link this afternoon hopefully.

http://www.savemountdiablo.org/activities_hikes.html#falls_trail

This is a link to a page that describes the location and trail.