I thought I blew it for her... (update on my daughter's fun run)

peacekaren

Barefooters
May 7, 2010
You may remember that my daughter was concerned about her fun run at school today. She wanted to run barefoot, but didn't know how well that would go over at school. She opted to go with the "ask forgiveness, not permission" plan.

I went out to volunteer at the run, first with my son's kindergarten class and then back again later for my daughter's 4th grade class. The kids run and/or walk as many laps as they can in 15 minutes. 6 laps = ~ 1 mile.

I helped out at the lap count station during the kindergarten run. There were plenty of volunteers so I kicked off my shoes and ran the last 2 laps with my son. As we finished the last lap, the principal called out to me and said she needed to talk to me. I figured she was going to tell me I couldn't be out there barefoot (which meant I had just blown any chance my daughter had to run barefoot)...

Instead, it turns out that the principal is a runner. She's been reading a lot about BFR and recently tried her first barefoot run. She just wanted to ask me a few questions about it. :D

When I went back for the 4th grade run I told my daughter just to kick her shoes off at the start, which she happily did. She told me she was only planning to run 6 or 7 laps... that is, until I told her her brother finished 7 laps. She ran 9. All barefoot. :)

Peace,

Karen

Hey TJ, can we get a "Like"

Hey TJ, can we get a "Like" button?

I wish I knew about

I wish I knew about barefooting when I was that young. Well, I guess I mean I wish my parents knew about barefooting , haha. Thats cool.

That is such an awesome story

That is such an awesome story for an awesome day, Karen. You tell your kids we are so proud of them. We need a race report for the front page. That would be so cool! Our first kid race report.

My 8 year old ran the Boosterthon Fun Run at his school in August and did over 30 laps. They mark the laps off their shirt as they round the check point. I think they run for a half an hour. It's always a hot day, and they probably shouldn't let them run for that long, but he enjoyed it and was proud of his tee shirt.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test