I think I am certifiable

Shacky

Barefooters
Jun 2, 2010
I got a request from my Toronto friend asking me if I could pace her on May 15th, 2011 for her 2nd marathon. She would like to go sub-4:00. Sure I thought. Why the heck not?

And then I remembered that here are a couple of BRS adventures around that timeframe.

So the plan is to run Vancouver marathon on May 1st with Kate (and hopefully a few others), run 40 miles on May 14th at Mind the Ducks with lots of BRS members, then immediately get in a car and drive to Toronto for a sub-4:00 marathon the following day. Sounds kinda easy, no?

Guess its time to start taking this running thing a little more cereal.

A little more cereal?  Ya, we

A little more cereal? Ya, we know you're certifiable. I just don't think anyone wanted to hurt your feelings by telling you so. ;-)

Abide - please don't tempt me

Abide - please don't tempt me like that.

I have a Ragnar Relay to do in mid-April so the R2R2R will have to work around that as well or be moved to the Fall.

sigh, Jan 23  Carlsbad full

sigh,

Jan 23 Carlsbad full marathon

Jan 24 Diamond Valley full marathon

Feb 06 Surf City full marathon

Do you actually "race" this

Do you actually "race" this insane number of marathons or run them at comfortable paces? I think both are pretty certifiable, but just curious how fast you do them.

Carlsbad - I want a PR on

Carlsbad - I want a PR on this one. For this all I need is a 3:56 but I feel I'm good for a 3:40 or better.

Diamond Valley - the course is dirt and I don't know what time to expect for this. And last year there was a lot of flooding and high winds. Haven't signed up for this one yet but there is a good chance I'll do it.

Surf City - I have a friend running this one and am debating whether to stick with him or give it my all. It will depend on how my legs are feeling. As long as I'm injury free I think I can get close to my Carlsbad performance.

Looks fun Silly, but I think

Looks fun Silly, but I think I may require a bit of rest. Who know though, let's see how I feel