I prefer running alone.

Now I would rather run

Now I would rather run barefoot with other barefoot runners at a race. That is a blast! Mokie and I have run a few races together, and we like to have fun with our Vibram brothers. When we spot someone running in VFFs, we like to flank them, and say something silly like, "OMG, WTH are those things on your feet?" They always look down at their VFFs, see our feet, then look up smiling. We then shake our VFFs at them that we sometimes carry depending on the conditions, and we smile right back. Good times.

Barefoot TJ wrote:...We then

Barefoot TJ said:
...We then shake our VFFs at them that we sometimes carry depending on the conditions, and we smile right back. Good times.

Dang... you really make Georgia sound like a fun place to be!

On the subject, I'll be running with a group starting Teusday. A few of them have already shown interest in me and my bare feet, we'll see how it goes.

Born To Run has been out in German for a while already, but not many people know about it. The translation is pathetic, though, so maybe it's not going to catch on here like it did in the US.

I hope your group run goes

I hope your group run goes well and you make a good impression. That's too bad about the translation. I wonder what Mcdougall would think of that.

Nope you aren't alone.  I

Nope you aren't alone. I started running with a friend and I was worried when she had to go away for 6 weeks. How would I run? Then, I got used to it and now I am not sure how I could run with others. I do have a walk/run group of friends, but for me I am not pushing myself and it is a social event; I treat it as such.

When I need to run - just to clear my system out it has to be alone. I have just started swimming and I am enjoying it for the same reason. No-one can talk to you. You have your own pace and after a while I feel "centred".

Didn't mean to sound New age about it. I think it must have been the glass of wine and the jet-lag.

When I first started

When I first started running, I chanced a run with a friend. His clomps totally messed up my novice pace, and I didn't like it, so I went solo for a long time. After a few months, I tried it again. Being more confident of my pace, I was able to keep distractions from effecting too much. Now I have a couple friends that I like running with on occasion. I find running helps promote stimulating conversation... some great ideas have come about from thinking while sputtering my legs on the pavement. For the most part, running alone allows me to clear my head and focus on my self-awareness. I could never give up doing that at least a couple times a week.

Since I moved, I don't really

Since I moved, I don't really have a choice about running alone.

I used to run alone because I am very slow, but I would run in the same places that other people ran. Sort of alone in a crowd.

Now, I still run alone and I am even slower (still transitioning to BF), but I am Seriously Alone, because no one seems to run here. Also, it's a small town, and I'm guessing that every single person who sees me thinks that I am a freak.

I'm hoping I will learn to prefer running alone...

If you do find someone to run

If you do find someone to run with a couple of times, George, you may just wish on your next run, you we're alone.

I run alone, my friends are

I run alone, my friends are either to fast or too slow. The fast shod people mess up my form trying to keep up, the turtles mess up my cadence. So, I run by myself alot. I like it, it clears my head! ;)

I prefer running alone

I prefer running alone because I worry about the other people running with me too much. I always worry that I am slowing them down (I am a very slooooow runner), or that they would rather I talk to them rather than listen to my music. I often find that when I run with my husband we end up walking so we can just chat about our days. I am definitely more focused when I run by myself.

Sherri