I Just Found Out About A New Minimalist Shoe Company... RIGHT HERE IN MY TOWN!

Ukerunner

Barefooters
Aug 16, 2013
Western Colorado
At our Tuesday night running group tonight, one of the members told me about a company that recently started up here in my small Western Colorado town. She said "I thought of you when I saw them because they make minimalist shoes". Apparently they had had a booth at a downtown event that I missed a few weeks ago. Here's the link to their website: http://www.somfootwear.com/. They look promising, and they're really close to my house! I'll check them out as soon as I can and give you all a report. I'm excited! Unfortunately, I don't know if I can buy a pair right away. I just bought a new bass guitar amplifier....

Cool. Tell them I'd like their shoe to have a wider big-toe portion than what it currently has. A shape more like the barefeet in their logo. Thanks.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Yes, "elegantly simple" as they say... not too many materials, straightforward construction. And yet they are somehow worth more than twice as much as regular, fancy shoes? I don't think so.

Every minshoe company I've ever seen is like Whole Foods, selling overpriced niche products to a gullible hippie-bourgeoisie market. Just because it's minimalist doesn't mean it's fine wine. It's worth 50 bucks at most.