I finished the cto5k program. Woot!

Cali Girl

Barefooters
May 12, 2010
I can't believe I did it! Every time I've ever tried running it has only lasted one to two weeks max before I hurt so bad from shin splints and knee pain that I gave up. Other than regular muscle fatigue and soreness, blisters early on and of course, my stubbed toe I have had absolutely no real pain... well, until today that is. lol

I tried a new route today and ended up on a street with no sidewalks for about 5 blocks. No biggie, I've been running on asphalt off and on and this street was nice and smooth. Problem was that it was also fairly busy and the edge of it dipped in a way that within a few blocks had my ankles and right hip screaming. I ended up walking the last block and a half of it then continued my run once back on the sidewalk. By the end of my run I was going so slow I was afraid I might start going backwards. My ankles and hip just were not very happy. I don't think I injured anything at all but I'm icing the areas anyway just to be safe.

My plan is to stay at the 3 mile mark for another week or two before attemting to increase and following my body's lead on any new distance.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day!

that's awesome and congrats!

that's awesome and congrats! the ankle hip thing is just a reaction to the angle. it happens when they are not used to being stressed in that range of motion. kind of painful though. i've got a trail out here that has a slope to it as it is next to a creek and it's designed to shed water into the creek. after a few miles on it you can feel the angle taking it's toll on the ankles so i feel your pain.

good job icing and let it rest while you think of how great it is to be successful

hey, we need a thumbs-up

hey, we need a thumbs-up smiley!

two thumbs up, CC :D

Get better soon, Cali.

Get better soon, Cali.

lol Thanks all! I already

lol Thanks all! I already feel lots better which is good since this weekend is going to be super busy. I am going to have a flipping awesome proud mom weekend.

My oldest still at home is a senior this year. Their softball team went undefeated and took league for the first time since the 80's so they're going to play off's tomorrow! Then on Sun we go to a banquet for one of the scholarships she has received so far. If that isn't enough to excite the heck out of me, we've also learned that she has the highest GPA of anyone in her school and will be valedictorian for the class of 2010.

I am constantly in awe of this young woman!

WOW, Cali!  You should be

WOW, Cali! You should be proud. You did a GREAT job with this kid, and now she will be a benefit to us all. Congrats to both of you. :grade:

You definitly did something

You definitly did something right Cali! So did your daughter, you and your whole family must be really proud.

Great job!  I have a few

Great job! I have a few friends that have used that program and really like it. I downloaded the C210k for my iPhone, but haven't tried it out yet.

Hmmm, I've never heard of the

Hmmm, I've never heard of the cto10k. Gonna have to go look it up now. lol

Wow Cali, that went fast!

Wow Cali, that went fast! Awesome job :)

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test