I don't want to hear anything else about how being barefoot is dangerous...

that's the kind you used to wear, Pirate? cute :)

Pah, bet my bones are dead strong from making them do all that weight bearing! Weirdly, the longer I run BF, the more trouble I have with medium height heels, they can really make my feet hurt, skyscrapers seem fine - I've wondered if it's because the above is closer to your foot's position just before leaving the ground?
Thought the actual injuries from heels tend to be from falling off them? Never heard of them causing fractures before (am almost intrigued enough to google, but not quite!).

I probably don't, but I don't expect you to go into that kind of detail here. Unless you want to. And I know you want to... here's your chance :)

You don't know what I'm talking about? OK, just for the record, I don't believe one inch of that BS :D But to humor you, backless pumps are sometimes referred to as "F--- Me Pumps" It's a very tender sentiment, as you can imagine.

You don't know what I'm talking about....indeed...

I love how this forum promotes understanding of other cultures; this side of the Atlantic that only applies to boots - think Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman for classic FMBs. Pumps is another words for plimsols (err, no idea if you have plimsols over there either?) & backless shoes are mules.

no... I didn't. But I do now. And I could give you a German phrase for them. But I won't. Not tonight, dear :*

Basically the same thing in German ...

OK, semi off-topic, but since we're talking German: Some years ago, IKEA made a childs bunk bed. Like they do with all of their furniture, they named it after a town or villiage in Sweden. In the case of the bed, they named it after the town of "Gutvik". I'll let you guess what happened when they started importing the bed to Germany....

I love how this forum promotes understanding of other cultures; this side of the Atlantic that only applies to boots - think Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman for classic FMBs. Pumps is another words for plimsols (err, no idea if you have plimsols over there either?) & backless shoes are mules.

Well, the original BRS motto was "Promoting global goodwill through better understanding of decorative women's footwear", before they decided it to tighten it up to "Changing the world, one odd look at a time."

My understanding of plimsoles were that they were athletic shoes with flat rubber soles, similar to Vans or Chuck Taylor All-Stars - Closer to what folks ran in before 1970...

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Well, the original BRS motto was "Promoting global goodwill through better understanding of decorative women's footwear", before they decided it to tighten it up to "Changing the world, one odd look at a time."

My understanding of plimsoles were that they were athletic shoes with flat rubber soles, similar to Vans or Chuck Taylor All-Stars - Closer to what folks ran in before 1970...

Yup, that sounds like pumps - also what you'd run in at school in the 1980s if your parents weren't the type to buy you fancy trainers, at the time I did not see this to be forward thinking of them!

Yup, that sounds like pumps - also what you'd run in at school in the 1980s if your parents weren't the type to buy you fancy trainers, at the time I did not see this to be forward thinking of them!

Actually, I used to run in leather (yeah) Reebok running shoes. 'course, that was circa 1988, so I'm not so sure whether they were actual running shoes or just "athletic" shoes...also, remember, that was the era of the "cross trainer" which was a shoe that one could - ostensibly - do everything in. Also, this was the same time we had those horrible big fluffy LA Gear "street hiker" shoes - it was like wearing pillows on your feet...

I don't think that trainers had diversified into anything sport-specific here in those days (excepting anything with studs on), more cross trainers by default. Plenty of gimicks though - remember the ones you could pump up?

I don't think that trainers had diversified into anything sport-specific here in those days (excepting anything with studs on), more cross trainers by default. Plenty of gimicks though - remember the ones you could pump up?

Yeah - over here, that's when kids were getting killed because someone else wanted their $150 shoes so bad...I'm sure when future archaeologists are investigating the downfall of western civilization, "killing someone for a pair of athletic shoes" will be one of the root causes. That and Honey Boo Boo.

Reactions: Lomad and Gidds
omg he said the HBB word :eek:

I had to google it, too, a week ago when it was a meme on FB ... the scariest thing about HBB is the knowledge that something even worse is already in the planning stages.
I watched that show once, on advice from my sister in law (She thinks it is funny because of how stupid the show is:confused: ). Dumbest. Show. I've. Ever. Seen. I felt stupider for having watched it. Forklift foot, really? And now your telling me there is something worse coming out? Wow...

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7