I dont mean to get all philosophical and break your buzz but something touching happened last night.

Catchowder1

Barefooters
May 12, 2010
:eek: wow thats a long title....props to whomever can condense it to something logical o_O

While sitting on the floor near my gym locker a heavyset older lady walked in, sat on the nearby bench and commented how nice it must be to be able to do that. She didnt mean any harm by it; her tone wasn't condescending or rude.

I smirked then replied 'yeah but I cant get up.'

'You look fit and strong...' she went on stroking my ego.

I can't forget the extent of my brokenness but I often forget that I don't look the part. The woman admitted feeling intimidated because, unlike me, she looks and feels broken. In her mind I am a young svelte vixon and she is an old woman. Pssshhh

Our conversation ended with her noting that we are all here for different reasons and she'll be less inclined to compare herself to others.

I affected someone; it's a very surreal feeling.

Sweet exchange, Cat.

As a culture (as a species?) we are inclined to compare ourselves to those that are “doing better than us” (younger, sexier, stronger, more money, etc…). I reckon it’s some sort of societal thing that we cannot view ourselves as a discrete entity, but rather as a bit in a mass of humanity within which there is a distinct pecking order. Your exchange with that woman made her just a bit more aware of the silliness of that situation. Hopefully as a function of that, she just might start basing her self worth on her own attributes and not how she compares to others.

If you can do that once in a lifetime, you’re lucky.

Good on ya, Cat…

In my opinion nobody really deserves the life they have (either for good or for bad). Justice is just a intersubjective concept with its scope restricted to social interactions. Nevertheless, even all our desires combined wouldn't make someone become much healthier or luckier in life.

Id agree with the Vixen part. lol!

Ive been gone for awhile, how are you broken?