I did something bad today...

Is it ok to honk at other "alternative" runners?

• Total voters

Gidds

Barefooters
Aug 28, 2011
...I honked my car horn at the young, male, shirtless, large-muscled, tattooed, VFF runner I passed on the way home from work. Them my immediate thought was: "Oops he looked a bit young, maybe I should not have looked, much less honked....no wait people under 18 generally do not have full-sleeve tattoos.":oops:

Probably. I noticed him because he had "good form", which I could see from a ways off, then I saw the VFFs. Did you think I honked because he was shirtless?!?!:eek:

No, seriously. He was really picking up his feet, had an upright posture, and a fast cadence. Yesterday I saw a couple "running" and I swear the woman was just swinging her right leg in semi-circles with her foot at a 45 degree angle with absolutely no knee bending at all.

Reactions: NickW
Only if it's a soft, sweet, double-tap, so not to scare them or make them think they are doing something wrong.

No, seriously. He was really picking up his feet, had an upright posture, and a fast cadence. Yesterday I saw a couple "running" and I swear the woman was just swinging her right leg in semi-circles with her foot at a 45 degree angle with absolutely no knee bending at all.

This reminds me of my run yesterday, this guy was running with terrible form, he was hunched over looked like if he was looking at the tip of his toes and it actually look painful.
Anyways, he was so hunched that he didn't notice that the trail was closed with one of those bright orange mesh and he almost bump into it. It was funny to see.
But yea, no, don't do that again Gidds it was bad...no more honking for you.

Only if it's a soft, sweet, double-tap, so not to scare them or make them think they are doing something wrong.
TJ.....are you still talking about honking or something else?? I sensed a bit of ambiguity there! :p

Ha! Honking silly. But that was funny.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test