Hydration

I start my day off drinking a

I start my day off drinking a large glass of water with a tablespoon of chia seeds, then a couple of liters of water a day during work, and smaller glasses of water in the evening. I keep my hydration up and rarely carry anything or drink while running. I hate the feeling of fluid sloshing around in my stomach, and have kind of gotten to the point that I could run a half mary without needing a drink. My last 10 miler I brought half a camelback podium squirt bottle of water and didn't drink it till I got home. I think if your hydration is normally up and you train your mind to not believe it NEEDS water constantly (as your digestion and such slows down tremendously as we run distance) then you will find in most cases you will be fine. Usually bad things happen when you fail to hydrate normally prior to running.

Thanks for the tips....I knew

Thanks for the tips....I knew there were a lot of different opinions. As I progress with running longer distances I'll probably start to carry water with me. Bottom line is I'd rather have it and not need it.......Pus, once you are a heat casualty, it makes you more susceptible to it in the future I've heard.

@ Jeepmonkey, first off Jeeps

@ Jeepmonkey, first off Jeeps are the sh@t, just had to throw that out there! I've heard that too, about becoming a heat casualty and being more susceptible. I think people respond to things differently, and it is always better to have it and not need it than to wake up on the side of the road and give a little "Oh crap..."