Hurricane Run: who's with me?

Woodsman

Barefooters
Jan 13, 2012
In case you haven't heard where expecting a big storm here in the northeast. Since I'll be stuck around the house for a couple days, I figure why not enjoy the weather? I don't have to worry about my shoes getting wet. I usually run on trails but I think I'll avoid trees for this one. I don't think flying debris will be an issue. If roof shingles start flying around I imagine I'll be too busy to run.

Yeah, cat 1s and 2s are no problem for running. It's the cat 3+ that get rather difficult. Head into the wind on the way out and let the wind push you on the way back. If you do it the other way around, you will get out too far and then be too tired half way back.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Maybe post this in the NJ Chapter too. Might be some there crazy enough to take you up on it. ;)

Yeah, cat 1s and 2s are no problem for running. It's the cat 3+ that get rather difficult. Head into the wind on the way out and let the wind push you on the way back. If you do it the other way around, you will get out too far and then be too tired half way back.

That sounds like experience speaking right there ... get blustery on Taiwan does it?

Yes, we average about 3 typhoons a year (same as a hurricane, just different name) and most of them are cat 1s and 2s by the time they hit us on the southwestern side of the island. I always wear a hat out in them so I can keep the rain out of my face and actually see.

It shouldn't be too cold here in NYC but the parks are all shut up and I'll see how I feel in the morning before I decide where to go and what to do - I don't think I'll be going close to either river!

I've got keys so I could get in but I'd be one of only 2 or 3 there - bed is much more inviting!
Might get the kitchen painted later - finishing a project that started in May!

"They" canceled 7,200 flights in and out of NYC today! Wow!

Tough to fit that in with a running schedule is it not? :D
All I was waiting for was a rainy day - got rain and wind today :)

Didn't have quite enough paint mind - but that did let me get in a 3 mile run before the storm really got going.

I think my daughter will be spending next Sunday finishing things up. I've got to get back on schedule ;)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test