Huraches

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by TMo, Dec 19, 2011.

1. TMo

TMo Barefooters
    1. Georgia

Anyone know a place that sells good Huraches? I like the Luna sandals alot. I know NaturalStrides has a good selelction, but I would like to see some more before I committ.

2. dlodwn

dlodwn Barefooters
    1. Georgia

I went with the LunaLeadville pacers http://lunasandals.com/sandals/14-the-leadville-pacer

and most recently ran the Gobble Job 10K in Marrietta on Thanksgiving and they performed wonderfully. They really put together a nice sandal and they were shipped pretty quickly. I couldn't find anything as nice in any retail brick n mortar in the ATL area. I'm hoping to do a 1/2 in New Orleans around March 4th so I've been logging in miles on the Suwanee Greenway.

3. bogrist

bogrist Barefooters
    1. Georgia

I have a pair of invisible shoes that I purchased for the below freezing days. They do allow me to run when it is cold but beyond that, I do not have a lot of good things to say about them. REALLY loud, not terribly comfortable, super goofy looking and the string is uncomfortable between my toes.

They were reasonably priced!

I have only had to run in them 4 times this winter and I do appreciate the fact that otherwise it would have been to cold to run. It is really surprising how much that super flimsy piece of rubber can dampen road feel.

4. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

How did that turn out TMo? Did you get some huaraches? Which kind, and where did you get them? -TJ

Bo, the more you run in your huaraches, you will find that you are able to control the slapping (loud) noise they make. I had the same problem in the beginning, but then was able to get it figured out. Also, there is an over the top, criss-cross (alternative) tying method you can try that doesn't run through the toes, and feels wonderful. Check out this video:[video=youtube_share;gFuUtsA5oew]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFuUtsA5oew[/video] -TJ

5. TMo

TMo Barefooters
    1. Georgia

I got the Luna ATS. The upper material is seperating from the sole a bit after a month of usage, but they sent me some glue to fix it. I think if I had it to do over again I would go with the tread lights because Natural Strides carries them and I prefer to do business with someone I can see and speak to (and trust) not to disparage the Luna folks, I just like having a face and relationship with those whom I patronize.

The luna, however, is really good. Greg at Natural Strides helped me fix my stride, and except for a nagging achilles I got from pushing off I am running more and more BF. Loving it. Most of my mileage is in my Lunas, but I always run BF during my runs and am increasing my distances. No blisters since the first time. I have also been running at Sweet Water Creek park a lot. I LOVE it. I can get 3 miles on trails BF and it is invigorating. I also wear a kilt when I'm on the trails, so you can imagine the looks, but it is soooooo awesome.

6. Barefoot TJ

1. Nomad

Glad you are progressing so well. I can't wait to get back out there and join you all. Take care. -TJ

7. TMo

TMo Barefooters
    1. Georgia

I have worn Lunas and Brancas now, the Lunas are more convenient on and off, the brancas hold on the foot better, the lacing is not easy for me, but as I said they hold on my feet better. I aloso ot a pair of Treadlight mocasins, THEY ARE AWESOME!

8. BF Gwyneth

BF Gwyneth Barefooters
    1. Georgia

The video won't open but I'll keep trying. I like my huraches but can have anything between the toes as one foot seems to have a tendon issue with the string. I need to try and go BF again, but my feet always get shredded no matter how slow I take it.....

9. Barefoot TJ

1. Nomad

Hi Pink! How have you been? Glad to see you stopping by to post. Once I get healthy again, we will get the Georgia Chapter together for a barefoot training run and have a clinic.