Huaraches, tips for dealing with in-between-the-toe-discomfort video

Jules

Barefooters
Sep 22, 2010
Hi everyone, I've had a few people ask about tips for dealing with the in-between the toe pain and I know some of this has been talked about here. I've been meaning to make this video for a long time and I finally got around to it. Here's the link to the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IsvZQ37ydw

It can also help to make sure you have soft laces. If you have biting laces and you don't want to get new ones you can put some athletic tape around the lace where it comes through the toes. Also, some toe socks can take away some of the bite from the laces.

I hope this is helpful,

-Jules, Luna Sandals

This will be very

This will be very helpful. Thanks for sharing here, Jules. I had an idea the other day... Why not knit (yes, I said knit) a cozy to slide down around the strap that comes up from the toe hole. It would be basically like offering the same protection of a sock but without having to wear socks. So you would bring the first strap through the bottom of the sole, up through the hole, tie the knot on the bottom, then slide a knitted "cozy" of about an inch or two down to the top of the sole, and finish lacing however you wish. In fact, if you can't knit, you could cut the toes out of a pair of five-toes socks, then cut off the other end of the toe compartment, and slide them down to the toe area. I know...I'm nuts, but I bet it would work and be oh so comfy.

This is my biggest issue with

This is my biggest issue with huaraches. I'm getting use to it with my unshoes but it seems like it's just a matter of getting the lacing just right for your feet.

That's why I love the new

That's why I love the new cord I got (the deertan leather that I started a thread about.) It's so super-duper comfy. The crappy cord I was using before was really bothering me.

Does anyone else find that

Does anyone else find that the toe discomfort for the Lunas comes mostly from the leather laces? I like them because they look cool, but at the same time they are a weird shape and aren't very soft...so they rub on my toes.

I wear injinji socks with my

I wear injinji socks with my Lunas due to the leather laces

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts