Huaraches - Leather vs Poly

LavaRunner

Chapter Presidents
Jun 4, 2010
Definitely Leather. the 1/4" x 72" Tandy Latigo lace is the bomb. I reshaped the soles I had and was able to salvage them then pop new holes. This time I will be more careful adjusting. I replaces the nylon cord laces with the Leather and wow, big difference on the Achilles. No more rub and these aren't even broken in yet.

P6245153.JPG

P6245154.JPG

P6245155.JPG

P6245156.JPG

Sharp!

Sharp!

Ya know what I love about

Ya know what I love about them?

I used to wear flip flops everywhere but they always felt like they would fall off and I scrunched my toes to keep them on. Same thing with Birks. and there was no way to just break into a run that was one reason I switched to the VFFs, I could break into a run and not have shoes fall off.

Huaraches are ingenious, They solve all those problems.

I know, preaching to the choir

Super Nice, Scooter I still

Super Nice, Scooter :D

I still use my shock cord the most but I laced up my first pair with wide, soft shoe laces the way shown by invisible and it's definitely more comfortable. I'll eventually go the leather route, I'm sure, but I really want to be certain of having high quality leather and I haven't found a source wiht exactly what I'm looking for here yet.

The sole is still the old

The sole is still the old Margaritaville flip flop sole that is about 3mm

They are floppy and I am still trying to decide whether I want the 4 or 6 mm Vibram. I am about 95% leaning towards 4mm with a leather deck and cut grooves fro the leather on both sides through the leather and rubber. The leather deck should make them really sharp. I look at the old used BF Ted huaraches and want them. They look great!

http://barefootted.com/shop/

Latest_LunaSM.jpg

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test