Howdy (Or this one must be from Texas)

txtenderfoot

Barefooters
Oct 15, 2010
Greetings from picturesque Oak Point, Texas. My name is Wayne and after years of fiddling, tweaking, and outright inventing things to keep me running, I've taken to the minimalist/barefoot approach. Interestingly, in the bit of coaching I've done, I've always been a proponent of barefoot sprinting, although I've not done much myself. My knees are almost 55 years old though, and they're telling me I need proper strengthening and conditioning, not another overly engineered fix. Look forward to learning from you and sharing anything I discover that may be helpful.

Welcome to the club

Welcome to the club tenderfoot! Well I guess we're really a society, but whatever.

Wayne, welcome to the BRS!

Wayne, welcome to the BRS! Many find bf running to be much easier on their joints, and I hope this is the case w/yours. Feel free to jump in when the mood strikes you, or just check out the library and older posts to see what others have done. Good to have you join up.

Cheers,

Mike

Welcome to the club, Tex!

Welcome to the club, Tex!

Welcome, pardner.  Barefoot

Welcome, pardner. Barefoot and minimalist running have gotten me running again after wearing out too many joints. I hope it's as helpful for you. Use the heck out of this forum; there are a lot of experienced folks who are very willing to share from their helpful stores of knowledge.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test