How to Use the Quote Feature

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
This work-around has been shared by Tim Butterfield. Thanks, Tim!

Quote blocks work by having the quoted text between opening and closing quote tags.

But, they don't appear correctly if the opening and closing quote tags are on separate lines from the text being quoted. When you do that, the quoted text appears below the quote block instead of within it as shown here.

So, to get it to display correctly, the quoted text has to start on the same line as the opening quote tag and the closing quote tag has to be on the last line of the quoted text.

As this example shows, there can still be blank lines in the middle of a quote block. This is done by "Disable rich-text" and using
for each embedded line break. But, if you preview before posting, the rich-text display will add a space between br and / and result in that text being below the quote block again the next time. So, disable rich-text again and remove those pesky spaces before posting quote blocks with blank lines.

I accidentally bumped into an

I accidentally bumped into an easier way to do it. Was actually going to post a fresh thread about it but then saw this one.

When you quote text, just delete the extra lines so everything is on one line with no hard returns. Click and hit delete a couple times, done :santa:

BFwillie_g

BFwillie_g said:
I accidentally bumped into an easier way to do it. Was actually going to post a fresh thread about it but then saw this one.When you quote text, just delete the extra lines so everything is on one line with no hard returns. Click and hit delete a couple times, done :santa:

ta daaaa - three clicks :)

EXCELLENT, Willie!  Thanks

EXCELLENT, Willie! Thanks for helping out.

So it's impossible to have a

So it's impossible to have a quote (or any formatting element enclosed in square brackets) that contains more than one paragraph?

That's very frustrating! It's not even the tag that breaks it - just including a

will force the quote to close.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts