How to get your chapter more active

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Barefoot TJ, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    1. Test Chapter
    2. Nomad
    3. Hidden...
    4. Hidden...

I understand it can be difficult to increase interest in our sport and gain new members.

Hopefully, these suggestions will help:
    • If you are comfortable doing so, post at Ken Bob's to let them know you exist - http://barefootrunning.com
    • If you are comfortable doing so, post at Ted's discussion group to let them know you exist - http://groups.google.com/group/huaraches (You may need to create an account to do so, if you don't already have one.)
    • Post at that "other" forum (RW BFR Forum) to let them know you exist - http://community.runnersworld.com/forum/barefoot-running (You may need to create an account to do so, if you don't already have one.)
    • Ask your barefoot and minimalist running friends to join your chapter.
    • Ask your members to add themselves to the Member Map, so you will know where they are located and can schedule group runs in areas that are local to them.
    • Contact your local running clubs to ask them if they could post a flyer or notice on their websites, in their newsletters, and allow you to distribute flyers at one of their upcoming meetings or meetups.
    • If you have experience, you can offer free lessons (workshops/clinics) as well.
    • If you schedule some group runs, in addition to posting at the BRS, locate all of the online race calendars in your area to post your event there (for example, in Georgia, we have access to all sorts of online race calendars that cost nothing to use). There are some "inter"/national calendars and their links, but you will need to research the local calendars.
    • Contact these national race calendars that have no fee as well. There will be calendars all around the world, so look for those closest to you if none of these apply:
    • Also, continue to bump all pertinent threads and posts that have been created in your chapter in case new people join in after they have been created and to continue possible interest.
    • You can leave flyers at local sporting stores as well.
    • You can hand out business cards to those barefoot runners you see while you are out and about running.
    • Post the giveaway contests that I share occasionally to your chapter to keep some data flowing in the chapter. (I will let you know as these take place.)
    • Post any of your race reports or other articles of interest as you learn of them, and ask others in your chapter to share as well. Data flowing in the chapter tells new, potential members that the chapter isn't dead, so they will want to join.
    Hope this helps.

If you have any ideas for getting your chapter more active, please share here.

Thanks!

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    paulbeales likes this.
  2. Barefoot Ken Bob

Barefoot Ken Bob
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    1. California...

3. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    1. Test Chapter
    2. Nomad
    3. Hidden...
    4. Hidden...

Sorry, I didn't have that one listed...I thought I did. Thanks.

4. paulbeales

paulbeales
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    1. United Kingdom

(Bump)