How do you do your chia?

Barefoot TJ wrote:Some

Barefoot TJ said:
Some people believe that chia seeds somehow give us extra energy. That is what Christopher McDougall leads us to believe in his book Born to Run. I've done some reading on this though, and what I summarize is an indirect effect. The chia seeds absorb the liquids you take in (like a sponge since they expand as they absorb liquid) allowing you to hold onto that liquid longer therefore preventing dehydration from setting on too quickly. When our muscles are without hydration, they fatigue quickly and lose energy.

I see this alot and think it's a misconception. It was Geranium that actually gave him the high type feeling while running. It can be found but is also a little dangerous. The health benefits of Chia are real though.

I dig da CHIA!Fav. = chia,

I dig da CHIA!

Fav. = chia, coconut water, Fortisalt (salt solution), and lemon juice..

Experimental = chia, white wine, Fortisalt

I've been sprinkling it on my

I've been sprinkling it on my morning cereal and like it well enough... It makes the part where the cereal is gone and all you are left with is milk more entertaining. Today I tried it on steele cut oatmeal (along with b-sugar and pecans) and didn't notice it all. My favorite way to have it is with cranberry juice mixed with water. I put it in one of the water bottles that has a straw piece that flips up/down and have not had any clogging. Sometimes though - the liquid comes backs up into the straw and pushes out the top when I flip the straw into the up position. This makes a little mess - but it's not a big deal for me.

I just pour it down my gullet

I just pour it down my gullet raw.

then continue to chew it during my entire run.

fun.