How do you clean your feet??

I have a toe brush too. Mine is a baby bottle nipple brush. I use it for between my toes, especially if I ran through a bunch of mud.

Reactions: happysongbird
My dilemma is that frequent scrubbing with soap removes the natural oils and dries out the skin, causing rough skin which becomes even harder to clean.
I sometimes use a skin softener called "Cracked Heel" I believe it is emu oil. The problem with putting oils and lotions on my feet is that I walk around the house bare feet and the oils/lotions would end up on our new carpets.
Like Mike, I don't worry about the bottoms of my feet. I only wash the bottoms enough to remove loose dirt.

If I am not going to shower immediately after running (because i am going to do yardwork or something), I just sit on the edge of the tub and use soap and water. In the shower it is just a quick swipe with my soap and scrubby. If there is asphalt stuck on my feet, i use my fingernail to scrape it off. My town uses a lot of cold patch asphalt which does not stick in the pot holes but does stick to my feet. :mad:

The problem with putting oils and lotions on my feet is that I walk around the house bare feet and the oils/lotions would end up on our new carpets.
Like Mike, I don't worry about the bottoms of my feet. I only wash the bottoms enough to remove loose dirt.
That sounds a bit like: you don't like your new carpets to become greasy but you don't mind them to become dirty from your not so worried about bottoms of your feet. :D
While it is true that dust is relatively easy to hoover off a carpet and grease is not, I encounter exactly the same problem: less than spotless clean bare feet are only allowed on tiles, but not on carpets, not on parquets and certainly not in bed! (Oils and Lotions are allowed in bed however :))
I use Scotch Britt sponges with soap - and then, there is soap and soap: some kinds are drying out the skin, others are more nourishing...
If my feet got some several days lasting tar stains from melting asphalt, I put on socks in rooms with carpets and in bed.
On the other hand: Stains that couldn't be removed by heavy scrubbing with soap would probably not wear off onto carpets or bed sheets by simply walking on or sleeping in them. (It's probably just a mental thing: the "no dirty feet on my carpet" phrase inherited from my mum :D)

"Scrub" with soap and washcloth usually does it for me.

For non-oily skin treatment I use lanolin. Take a few minutes to rub it in (the massage feels good) and wipe the excess off on the opposite calf. The straight stuff is fairly sticky so I heat up a tub of it in hot water, pour some into a smaller container (it expands quite a bit on heating) and slowly stir in purified or distilled water. It will cool to a stiff cream consistency. I only use it if my soles seem really rough after a run--after showering. Some people claim to be allergic to lanolin but that's actually fairly rare. It's usually the impurities that cause allergies, so be sure to get the pure stuff.

I find that finishing my run a an abrasive sidewalk...even if its a short walk really cleans them up...then washing becomes that much easier.

i don't use soap. yeah, i've become a grubby hippie. could be worse like a hippster or yuppie.
Hipster would be far worse I think. I dont use soap either, accept on rare occasion. for deoderant theres an awesome product called a thai stone, just gotta make sure and use it before you get smelly.

As for cleaning feet, a simple wash cloth to scrub. But Ive found that after the summer is over the color is permanent until the winter when I stop moving.

I rarely clean them at all. The dirt has kind of soaked into/stained them. It's kinda creepy. Baking soda kind of works, but it won't take away the dirt stains. If I have someplace fancy to go, I hide them with socks -lol. At night, I wipe off the bottoms with hand wipes.

I find that finishing my run a an abrasive sidewalk...even if its a short walk really cleans them up...then washing becomes that much easier.

I cut my grass barefoot yesterday...I usually wear shoes when cutting the grass so this a new thing and I couldn't get all the grass stains off my feet. Today after my long run I didn't see any of the grass stains from yesterday at all... probably a good 1/2 mile of today's run was sidewalk.

Reactions: Zetti
I love cutting the lawn barefoot, actually doing all yard work barefoot. Only thing I haven't tried yet it running the chainsaw barefoot.........
My wife did this when I cut the grass barefoot the first time: :eek::mad::oops:

So I asked her to find me a pair of shoes that would protect my feet if I ran over them with the mower. We came to an agreement that mowing was OK. But weed eating and chain sawing were shod only activities. :D

:)
I always figured that if I lived by the ocean, a nice run in wet beach sand would get your feet really clean, but since I live in upstate NY, I'll have to settle for snow.

That might explain why I've been reading this thread and wondering why people spend so much time cleaning their feet. The only thing I ever do to my feet is dip them in a bucket of water on my deck to wash the sand off when I get back from the beach. :)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test