How Do I Make a Morton's Toe Patch?

violamarie

Barefooters
Oct 20, 2010
Hi, this is my first post here.

I am new to barefoot/minimal running. Actually, I haven't run at all in over 3 weeks due to yet another injury- PTT again. This is the last straw, and why I finally decided to go minmal/barefoot and begin learning POSE. I know there is some controversy there which I don't want to get into. I'm just kinda desperate and willing to do wahtever I need to do at this point.

I think morton's toe may be the source of a lot of my problems. My 1st and 2nd toes are about the same length but I can tell by bending the toes that the 2nd meta is longer. And on the right foot it has caused a major bunion and leaning big toe. Oddly, my toe and ball of foot rarely bother me. But the instability in my foot has caused big problems with my achilles and post-tib.

I have heard mention of making a pad to go under the 1st meta. Has anyone done this? How do I do it?

Nyal has done this, and he is

Nyal has done this, and he is supposed to be working on a how-to video to show us how he creates and uses his. Please PM him at http://www.barefootrunners.org/build2/user/nyal (use the little PM icon under his profile) to see where he's at with this, please.

Also, be sure to join our club within a club for fellow MTers at http://www.barefootrunners.org/build2/forum-topic/fellowship-mortons-toe "Fellowship of the Morton's Toe" Strickied to the top of the Barefoot & Minimalist Forum."

POSE can be a good thing as well as Chi. Just be sure to extract what applies to you and what works for you, and leave what doesn't. That's what most barefoot runners have found to work for them. If you try to follow one method to a T, you can end up injured or turned off by it. Find your unique barefoot running from, one that is healthy for you.

Welcome to possible pain-free running, Marie. The "possible" part is all up to you.

Violamarie:dun dun

Violamarie:

dun dun dun

Please take a few minutes to read through the Fellowship of the Morton's Toe thread. Then please post THREE questions that I know you will have on that thread. I am quickly becoming an expert on MT and welcome you to the club. Let me know what you want your Viking name to be.

As to the barefoot orthotic. I am working 16 hours a day through to Friday but if you will wait until Saturday I will post the tutorial on the thread. My old orthotic is dead and I am excited to make a new one. These have really helped and can prevent injury. Plus you get to still claim to run BF.

I love your name. My sister, whose middle name is Marie used to play the viola!

Nyal, Nyal, Nyal... Why are

Nyal, Nyal, Nyal... Why are we limited to just three questions? Hee.

That is three questions

That is three questions MINUMUM. If all three are not there I may just give a silly Viking name to be spiteful.

Oh, "minimum" you say now.

Oh, "minimum" you say now. You didn't say "minimum" before. I see. So she HAS to come up with three questions minimum, or she is to pay the cost of embarrassment by being assigned some flakey viking name... That's great! Hee!

Do the three questions have

Do the three questions have to be about Morton's toe or just about minimal/barefoot running in general? I'm looking forward to the tutorial.

That's a good question,

That's a good question, Nyal. Does that count for one question? Is it like 3 wishes? She now has 2 left?

Any three questions are

Any three questions are acceptable as long as they are relevant to running or flatter me in some fashion.

Would you guys quit

Would you guys quit responding as soon as I post! Geez. Quick on the draw!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test