Hounslow Classic Oct 2015

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by kalipyjamas, Mar 2, 2015.

1. kalipyjamas

kalipyjamas
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Australia
    2. United Kingdom

Helloooooooo!!!!
    I'm back!!!
    Apologies for radio silence got a bit caught up trying to do too many things at once and ended up failing to do any of them properly :)

I've registered for this new run later in the year...the short course I might add! Looks like it will be a stunning trail with some new sections that haven't been used before

http://www.hounslowclassic.com.au/

Not sure if I will be S2G for that one......am currently experimenting with sandals, sockwas etc as the cat heads out my way are GIGANTIC - they go straight through a 4mm xero sole....and straight into my foot!!!!! :)

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. paulbeales

paulbeales
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

Welcome back Kali!

Hey, have you just invented a new barefoot term there?

S2G? I like it. I'm gonna steal that and start using it :)

3. kalipyjamas

kalipyjamas
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Australia
    2. United Kingdom

Hey Paul :)
    no can't take the credit for S2G......they've been throwing that term around in the US forums for ages.....when I first joined I was reading everything I could and it kept popping up everywhere.....eventually I had to risk looking like a total prat and ask what it meant as I couldn't for the life of me figure out what on earth they were all talking about :) SkinToGround baybeeeeeeeee :)

paulbeales and Barefoot TJ like this.
  4. murls

murls
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Australia

Ok so at this stage we have signed up you, me and Andy and I am waiting to hear from George. So George, if you read this are you in or out? I have also signed up 3 people from work. They said they won't do it barefoot though. I told them they will look out of place because everyone else will be barefoot. I don't think they believed me. :D

Barefoot TJ and paulbeales like this.
  5. George Carter

George Carter
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Australia

Out unfortunately. I've had a lot of trouble staying match fit for various reasons which would probably bore you (injury, family commitments etc). I've had to pull out of the Sydney HM too which is a bummer 10k road is my limit right now

6. murls

murls
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Australia

sorry to hear that mate. I hope you get over it soon!

7. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    1. Test Chapter
    2. Nomad
    3. Hidden...
    4. Hidden...

Murls, add it to the calendar for Australia, and maybe you might get some more takers. :barefoot:

8. kalipyjamas

kalipyjamas
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Australia
    2. United Kingdom

NO WAY will I be S2G!!! have a look at the course video, it's a Skyrun and I think we are actually going to be climbing up rocks and through gorges etc, I will definitely have something on my feet....or at least be carrying adequate foot protection in case something unforseen happens ( like getting stuck up a ridge a few weeks back when my sandal started to tear - lucky it got me back down again otherwise I would have been shickered.... stuck 1 km up a hill on terrain that would be damn near impossible to cover in barefeet due to the flipping weeds that this drought has brought out in abundance :walkingdead:

Pretty stoked that the three amigos will ride again MONKEY POWER!!!!! Although we will be missing wingman George.....:sorry:

Oh bad luck George, it sucks losing fitness I should know I am waaaaay back before square one was even invented!! :p Fingers crossed all the stars align for you and everything works out x

murls likes this.
  9. murls

murls
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Australia

I feel you all. The fat man here needs to put in some serious miles! Hey Kal I know you have the ah tempe but any thoughts on the amuri z-trek. I am thinking of getting a pair.

http://xeroshoes.com/shop/

10. murls

murls
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Australia

I don't know how to do that :confused:

11. paulbeales

paulbeales
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

12. paulbeales

paulbeales
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

I'll do it for you :)

13. kalipyjamas

kalipyjamas
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Australia
    2. United Kingdom

Not sure Murls...I am tempted!! However I have found that my regular xero huaraches 4mm aren't offering me enough protection against the cat heads we have here right now.....The big ones go straight through and into my foot :eek:

I also had a problem with slipping and sliding in the xeros when it was wet / sweaty......I ordered my pah tempes with the cork footbed which I loooooove.....unfortunately I had a problem with one of the sandals so they are replacing them and Terral has suggested going with the ultra footbed to try.
    I will let you know:) I love the no toe post feeling and they were incredibly secure and comfortable - Terral himself has been fantastic in doing everything he can to "customise" the sandals for me so at this point I'm going to stick with the unshoes.....but I eagerly await more reviews on the z-trek as my huaraches are my go to leisure shoe of choice so the new ones could be really neat!