Hood to Coast!

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Christy, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Christy

Christy
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Oregon

OK Coasters... I have the race packet, including your race bibs and HTC shirts. I think they're nice this year. Royal blue. I will hang on to them and pass them out the night before when we meet for dinner. Our start time is 11:15 AM Friday, and the projected finish is 5:40 PM Saturday. Attached are projected times for the beginning and ending of each leg. So excited! It's only a month away!

Attached Files:

2. rickwhitelaw

rickwhitelaw
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Oregon
    2. Utah
    3. Arizona -...

Thanks Christy. Is it just me, or did anyone else get a faster projected pace than expected?

3. Christy

Christy
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Oregon

The times were based off of whatever you entered. They somehow calculate your pace, and whatever they calculated is what I entered on the time sheet. Turns out they are pretty accurate in their predictions (they've been doing it for 31 years, they should know!). If I start adjusting it to whatever people think they'll "really" run, the prediction will get pretty far away from reality. Don't get stressed about it, it's just to give us an idea of when to be at the major exchanges.

4. rickwhitelaw

rickwhitelaw
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Oregon
    2. Utah
    3. Arizona -...

Understood. I'm not worried about coming close to the projected pace since I've had a few improvements lately, but I would like to enjoy myself and not "race" each leg (I did read Jen's manifesto).

Not complaining or looking for adjustments, just curious. At the time of pace entering, I did give my honest barefoot PR 10k time. Based on that time I would have to PR each of my legs with no adjustments to leg difficulty or possible slower times in the last two legs (I assume you get tired and some soreness sets in).

So wouldn't this encourage people to fib about their times or push it so hard to risk injury?

5. jldeleon

jldeleon
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Oregon
    2. California...
    3. Washington

Rick,

The race pace survey that was required to be filled out by Hood to Coast, was so that they could stagger the start times of the teams, appropriately, in order to decrease congestion during the race.

Our team uses the same information, but to coordinate people at the major exchanged -like Christy said.

The only way we would want updates to this timesheet, is if you have reason to believe that your race pace may have significantly changed. And that is ONLY for purposes of coordination with regard to the major exchanges.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  6. rickwhitelaw

rickwhitelaw
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Oregon
    2. Utah
    3. Arizona -...

No changes. Just discussing to further my running education. Relay noob you know. Thanks guys.

7. paraganek

paraganek
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Oregon

Do we have an updated spreadsheet with the new runners in ?

8. seret

seret
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Oregon
    2. Washington

Here's the update from Christy that was posted in FB

Attached Files:

9. seret

seret
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters