Homemade Huarache Sole Thickness

I'm getting ready to buy the materials to make my first huaraches, but it looks like I have several options for sole thickness (2mm, 3mm, 4mm). Plus I think I want to put some leather on them as well, which will make them a little thicker.

Any thoughts on what the "ideal" thickness is? I realize this is a personal preferance thing, but I'm curious to know what other peopel have experienced. I'd like them to be as thin as possible without being floppy and annoying.

I wear the 4mm only because

I wear the 4mm only because that was the thinnest Invisible Shoes has to offer. If I step on a sharp object, I feel it well enough. Then again, if I were barefoot, I might not even have stepped on it, since I would rely on my sense of sight more, which is a good thing. ;-)

I think if you go any thinner

I think if you go any thinner than 4mm it will get floppier. One thing you could try is 2mm sole and glue some suede from a craft store to give it a little thickness.

Mine are only about 1mm,

Mine are only about 1mm, leather with plastidip painted at the bottom. I found them sloppy the first few times but either they stiffenned or I changed my form so they don't slap. Now I have no complain about them

I want to get some Vibram material to make thicker ones (4mm) for really rough conditions but I'm afraid it will change my running form too much if I wear them for too long.

I have the 4MM Invisible Shoe

I have the 4MM Invisible Shoe and I like it. I just finished building a pair of 6MM as well, but I haven't ran with them yet. I intend to give them a shot on Sunday though.

Thanks for the imput,

Thanks for the imput, everyone! Hopefully I'll be able to order the materials tomorrow. Spring has definitely sprung and I really need to get out of my Biks before they start getting that smell everyone keeps warning about...