Hi from Pittsburgh

Hi All,

Been casually running on and off over the decades (3-5 miles). First divorce years ago prompted me to become addicted to the high. Wow! (Somewhere is a study, [German?] scientists say the runners' high is second only to the endorphins of falling in love. So true!) TMTS would take me out at least once a year. Second divorce got me to realize, our days are numbered -- and put a full on the bucket list -- have never run an organized event. Rushing, got to several 18mi last summer, but TMTS took me out again. So eager, with the goal finally "in sight."

Came across articles discussing BF aiding healing and injury-prevention -- strengthening feet, natural gait -- yes, made sense. LPJ's Beginners Start Here on RW was perfect for this newb. Followed its schedule and made it to 5mi BF, striking range for a 10k, but mixed with shod LRs, not enough recovery -- blew out medial ankle ligaments both legs.

On RW, saw Barefoot Gentile sharing ditching logging miles, pace, training schedules -- just enjoy running. What great inspiration! Now just run for fun, skin-to-ground BF -- OMG!! Echoing so many BF runners, first time in my life *enjoying* running (joint) pain free! This is such a simple, great, yet profound truth. I am baffled why more runners aren't trying this. Experiencing the incredible joy and fun -- not cerebral -- would immediately convert any shod runner, don't you think?!

I am grateful for your sharing knowledge, stories and experiences -- truly a treasure.

Cheers, and namaste!

Dan

I absolutely LOVE this post. Please feel free to start a blog here on your adventures, now that you are free. Welcome!

Thank you!

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Welcome Dan and enjoy the ride!!!:barefoot:

Reactions: dharmadan

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts