Hi from Oregon

I was just wondering because years ago, one of those news programs did a story about it. It seemed like a huge deal. It wasn't just Oregon they were talking about; it was Washington too. I remember feeling a little offended because I am/was a Californian. I remember seeing how beautiful some of the places in that part of the country are and thinking what a shame I wouldn't be welcomed there. I guess it's a moot point now, since I live in Georgia now. Ha!

I think NickW really summed up why people in the PNW as a whole aren't too fond of Californians. Overall they really did some damage to the job market as well as the housing market and cost of property up here. It's funny I was born in Portland and live in the PNW for half of my life, and through the course of moving around ended up in San Diego for a few years before moving up here. And when I did I swear the California license plate on my car was like a huge target, not only for "locals" but for the police. I've never been pulled over more for random stupid things in my life. At least I can say that I AM an Oregonian now after 3 years I've blended back in. Gotta love us redneck-hippie-well educated-hipsters! :)

Reactions: NickW
Then the trick would be to ditch the plate and update all your info to the new state asap.

Hahahaha! So true! Is it bad that I want one of them?

Nope not bad at all. In fact all jokes aside it's an amazing car, my favorite that I've ever owned and it drives and handles like a champ. And hey it's unique when going to other states that don't have many mountains lol.

I just think it would be a great family car that is not bad on gas and can get around on all the hills here when we have ice and would be good for the winter trips to visit family in MT.

I just think it would be a great family car that is not bad on gas and can get around on all the hills here when we have ice and would be good for the winter trips to visit family in MT.

They're great family cars and good on gas millage, and can handle all of Oregon's weather and terrain. So I imagine it would do well in MT too....I highly recommend getting one. (and no I don't work for Subaru lol)

i miss my little suby. an outback would be good to put my dog in the back to keep the seats cleaner. he gets so muddy since he's so low to the ground.

Reactions: NickW
Hey, I'm late getting to this but, Welcome to the BRS :)