Hi from Oregon

Jen you keep confusing me by changing your avatar thinga ma jig... I was wondering who you were for a moment! Lol!

I like to keep everyone guessing! Muahhaaaaaa! One day Mike left a message on my phone that said, "This is for Jen 1, 2, 3, or 4." :)

Reactions: NickW
that had to do with your message. can't remember how it went now.

colin, nick will hijack any thread that's interesting, along with many others here.

nick, you are an oregonian whether you like it or not. apologizing for giving your opinion, talking smack and then apologozing, apologizing, and finally drinking beer and apologizing. montanans just lay the smack down and say deal with it and don't wait for a reply.

that had to do with your message. can't remember how it went now.

colin, nick will hijack any thread that's interesting, along with many others here.

nick, you are an oregonian whether you like it or not. apologizing for giving your opinion, talking smack and then apologozing, apologizing, and finally drinking beer and apologizing. montanans just lay the smack down and say deal with it and don't wait for a reply.

I was going to tell Nick he is an Oregonian too, but I couldn't quite put my finger on why I think this. But this explanation works! Lol.

I am not an Oregonian and am slightly offended by the term. :D Maybe Jen should have called me bf grumpy and not you???;)

No, no, no, you are NOT grouchy! You are SPAZZY! Don't try to weasle your way out of your nickname! NICKname. HAHHAHAHHAAAA!

Hey Colin -are you going to come out to the group run this coming Saturday evening?

for some reason i just noticed nick replied to my post. the mere fact you're stating that you're offended of being called an oregonian is just more proof that you are now indeed an oregonian.

This is true, Oregonians are definitely easily offended, by pretty much everything and everyone.

Reactions: migangelo
Is it true you guys hate Californians moving into your state?

Reactions: Robin
Is it true you guys hate Californians moving into your state?

I dunno. I think that is just a sterotype. I hate anyone moving into the state because it's just more people I have to dodge when I'm running on the trails. Just kidding!!!

Reactions: Robin
I was just wondering because years ago, one of those news programs did a story about it. It seemed like a huge deal. It wasn't just Oregon they were talking about; it was Washington too. I remember feeling a little offended because I am/was a Californian. I remember seeing how beautiful some of the places in that part of the country are and thinking what a shame I wouldn't be welcomed there. I guess it's a moot point now, since I live in Georgia now. Ha!

it's true, just not as violent as you imagine

I was just wondering because years ago, one of those news programs did a story about it. It seemed like a huge deal. It wasn't just Oregon they were talking about; it was Washington too. I remember feeling a little offended because I am/was a Californian. I remember seeing how beautiful some of the places in that part of the country are and thinking what a shame I wouldn't be welcomed there. I guess it's a moot point now, since I live in Georgia now. Ha!
Is that so i'vre been looking for a place to move too.Been in belgium to long now...Oregon here I come:D!

TJ, I think between OR, WA, ID, and MT they all have a little bit of dislike for people moving in from CA. It's not as bad here that I know of, but in MT during the 90's and early 2000's my area of MT went from 20,000 people to 45,000 from a huge influx of people moving in from out of state. This in turn made it hard for locals who did not have any degrees to find jobs. There also was a large amount of people who moved in that had money, which they spent on nice big homes which then shot the housing market up out of the reach of the locals. A large part of the people were people from CA, but there were also a bunch that moved in from all over the Pacific NW. In MT, we just didn't like any of the out of staters that moved in and couldn't wait for winter because a lot of the out of staters couldn't hack the winters so they moved back to where they came from. There's a reason why I moved out of MT though and it's because the job market sucks and I could not afford to live there anymore. I miss it horribly and would go back in a heartbeat if my wife would go. The people still wave to you on the street and you can go fishing without bumping elbows with another fisherman. Heck, a lot of the time you're the only person on the lake or river.

Them damn uppity, well-educated, rich Californians! They always screw it up for the rest of us! ;)

Reactions: NickW