Hi from BDA

Make it the summer and we can all go water skiing afterwards.
Do you water ski bare foot? I used to. It's a great feeling.

RB you did well to start out on slalom. We began by starting on two skis and kicking one off.

Phil, glad to hear you made it up. It definately is work. I used to enjoy slalom after a hard day's work.

We eased into BF sking by screwing small pcs of plywood (about 6" X 12") to the bottom of sneakers. I would stand on a slalom ski and when the boat was up to speed transfer weight to one foot on the water then step off the slalom ski.
Barefoot sking started out the same, standing on a slalom ski with just the front of one foot in the binder. When the boat gets up to about 40 MPH. put one foot in the water and step out of the ski. The result was an extremely painful face plant. After three or four spills I decided I would lean way back so that I would fall backwards. That worked. The pull on the rope is pretty strong especially at lower speeds, but the feeling of skimming over glassy smooth water (outside of the wake) is something you don't forget.

RB you did well to start out on slalom. We began by starting on two skis and kicking one off.

Phil, glad to hear you made it up. It definately is work. I used to enjoy slalom after a hard day's work.

We eased into BF sking by screwing small pcs of plywood (about 6" X 12") to the bottom of sneakers. I would stand on a slalom ski and when the boat was up to speed transfer weight to one foot on the water then step off the slalom ski.
Barefoot sking started out the same, standing on a slalom ski with just the front of one foot in the binder. When the boat gets up to about 40 MPH. put one foot in the water and step out of the ski. The result was an extremely painful face plant. After three or four spills I decided I would lean way back so that I would fall backwards. That worked. The pull on the rope is pretty strong especially at lower speeds, but the feeling of skimming over glassy smooth water (outside of the wake) is something you don't forget.

I too started out with two skis.To start slalom skiing - I didn't try the" start on two skis and shuck one" routine. We ski on the ocean - and when the ski turns upside down - almost impossible to find afterwards. I have found at least 6 skis floating past because of this. You just keep trying with the slalom until you manage to get up - then wonder what all the fuss was about. I knew you had to have the boat going fast to BF ski - and at that speed falling down backwards is NOT recommended unless all valves are tightly shut! I used to take a bunch of ladies skiing on weekends - and one went down legs all askew backwards - and as we approached tentatively - she said she it was an "interesting experience" and I won't repeat what else she said! So again - my hat is off to you for managing BF skiing! Meanwhile I will stick to my routine of BF running with my dogs.

Reactions: barefootn

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts