Hey ShortWhitedude, where you get your pants?

Lol! Lucky bast***!  I was

Lol! Lucky bast***! I was too cheap to pay someone to do that stuff too because all my money went to beer and shots at the time.

can you hemm some of my pants

can you hemm some of my pants there Nick?

OdiarAmor

OdiarAmor said:
Ahhhhh............ I work on Fort Campbell and see a LOT of infantry guys.

We're a loud obnoxious bunch aren't we?
bigsmile.png
:bigsmile:

I was an MP originally, but

I was an MP originally, but most of my career a combat cameraman assigned to infantry/combat operations. Was assigned to the 1/506th 101st Airborne in Ramadi (we also had a SEAL attachment, which was awesome) and the 3/6th Marines.

Wow! A camera man? I bet that

Wow! A camera man? I bet that was sweet!!!

@Doomed - you were a combat

@Doomed - you were a combat fotog?

My listed profession is Professional Photographer (I own 2 co's- C&J Studios & PodiumFotos). Back in college at RIT, I desperatley wanted to become a NAVY fotog, but my kidney condition nixed that idea.

I was supposed to be an MP

I was supposed to be an MP but 9/11 had a funny way of changing that. I was on the delayed entry program when 9/11 happened. They then told me that my MOS changed, my duty station changed, I was told I was at the needs of the Army so deal with it because I had already signed. I begged to have the duty station changed back, was originally supposed to be Ft Lewis and they had changed me to Germany, because I had a daughter who I would never see if I was sent to Germany. I ended up in Hawaii and still was rarely able to see my daughter for 4 years. Did I mention I was only supposed to be in for three years and was stoplossed for an extra year so I could go to Afghanistan?

Short - I was actually

Short - I was actually classified as a journalist but after a short stint of doing radio in Germany spent the rest of my time as a cameraman. I had to edit and produce a lot of videos, but I spent more time with infantry units and flying from major combat operation to the next to film. My film was used on AFN, CNN, Discover Channel, the History Channel, and I'm sure more. My footage was used for the Roy Hallums rescue documentary and I was the first person to get footage when Zarqawi was killed, so that was mine too. I also got aerial video from time to time for different purposes. It was a great job.

Nick-I was originally an MP reservist but just before 911 had a spiderweb of stress fractures on my leg from martial arts competition. They said I could get out or choose an MOS, so I did this one. I was a reservist but spent more time on active duty than at home... 6 birthdays away from home in a row and almost the first two years of marriage apart from my wife... but of course that does not compare to being away from your kid. I got blown up and hurt my back and jacked up knees and hearing loss from the Army and the VA makes my life hell in any way they can, but I still don't regret it. Made me who I am today.

Oh. The reason I had to

Oh. The reason I had to switch at that point was my unit deployed to Afghanistan and there were no MP units within the distance I could be a reservist.

Isn't the VA just fun to deal

Isn't the VA just fun to deal with NSDR? I have lot's of problems still with them that I have been working on for years. I've had two major back surgeries I have had to pay on my own, plus hearing loss in right ear, plus PTSD, plus having to pay out of pocket for the nine months of treatment, xrays, and dr visits for being exposed to TB. Supposedly they lost my medical records so I have resent them to the VA and am now 1 year into an 18 month waiting period because of a backlog due to a cut in the VA budget from the commander in chief over spending elsewhere... Sorry, I can sometimes get on a rant about this stuff.

Yeah, I had a lot of issues

Yeah, I had a lot of issues getting paid for TBI, hearing loss, knee problems, back issues from the blast, and so on. They basically said because I kept doing my duty while deployed after the blast it was my own fault. The knee issues they said could have happened anyways... they misdiagnosed the TBI as PTSD at first. Then when it got switched to TBI, they said the diagnosis came in too late to pay for... but the PTSD was lifted! Plus in my last year of grad school the school said I had to apply for the new GI bill even though I'd used up my old one... so I did and got it. They paid for school plus a living stipend. So I dropped my loans and the school dropped my scholarship/grant. Then they came back 4 months later and said they made a clerical mistake by 1 day so I had to pay it all back to them. By this time it was too late for student loans and the scholarships and grants were given out to someone else. So I had to put my debt to them PLUS my school on a credit card which had insane interest. Ugh. I could go on forever too.

Sorry to hear that NSDR.  Ya

Sorry to hear that NSDR. Ya I quit working a year and a half ago to go to school full time myself, because they were paying the housing allotment which made it feasible for me to do this without a job. Then they changed it recently so now they don't pay housing allotment during the breaks between terms. Who's going to hire me for a couple weeks at a time??? Anyhow I'm sure you know all about that too though. Thanks for your service brother!

NickW wrote:OdiarAmor

NickW said:
OdiarAmor said:
Ahhhhh............ I work on Fort Campbell and see a LOT of infantry guys.

We're a loud obnoxious bunch aren't we?
bigsmile.png
:bigsmile:

I work for ASAP *hiding*. I see the BEST of the BEST!

Thankfully my Hubby hasn't

Thankfully my Hubby hasn't had to deal with the VA much. He was in for 9 years, deployed 17 times, and did who knows how many schools and trips. He came in 5'8 and got out barely 5'7 but the VA didn't believe that he has back problems.

Like I said, I'm blessed to be able to carry him on my insurance so he doesn't deal with the VA.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test