Hell's Hills?

Chaserwilliams

Barefooters
Dec 15, 2010
I'm thinking a shod 50 miler here.....

Whose with me?

::CoughCoughPansyAssCoughCoug

::CoughCoughPansyAssCoughCough::

Sorry, had something in my throat there... Look forward to seeing ya there Dave!

I'm also planning a half marathon the weekend after.

I'm in. We are going to

I'm in. We are going to Disney in May so that frees up my schedule. This will allow me just take RR easy and plan on trying to go balls out at Hells Hills.

Wait.... This race isn't

Wait.... This race isn't untill April... I've also got another race between ricky and hells hills... Off to start another thread!

NotSoDoomedRunner

NotSoDoomedRunner said:
Chase, you bringing the family? I am thinking about making it a family camping trip.
I think we are going to stay at Lost Pines, which is between Austin and the race course. My wife is going to head back to Austin on race day to visit friends and then come back out for the end. We are going to leave the kids in the Dirty with the in-laws.

What are you guys wearing for

What are you guys wearing for your long distance runs when you are shod?

I'm still having problems finding something I like for the 20+ mile runs. Working up the distances in huaraches, but still wonder if something is better. Used to run in Vibrams, but now I don't like them as much.

I know, barefoot is best, but I seem to be stuck on the 13 mile max distance unshod.

rickwhitelaw wrote:What are

rickwhitelaw said:
What are you guys wearing for your long distance runs when you are shod?

I'm still having problems finding something I like for the 20+ mile runs. Working up the distances in huaraches, but still wonder if something is better. Used to run in Vibrams, but now I don't like them as much.

I know, barefoot is best, but I seem to be stuck on the 13 mile max distance unshod.
I use Luna sandals if it is dry and the trail isn't overly technical. I run in NB MT 101s when conditions call for it and will be switching to the 110 this week.

I have Trail Gloves. I want

I have Trail Gloves. I want some Luna Sandals. If the terrain is overly techincal I also have my MT 110s. I used to like my Vibrams more too. I like the large closed toe box of the MTGs better than the VFFs. I feel like having my feet free to splay in a large toe box is less constricting than individual toe pods.

I really like my Trail

I really like my Trail Gloves, but they are a little tight and get uncomfortable when my feet swell. I noticed on the Merrell website that there is a wide version now. Also, I might think about the Road Glove when it comes out. My wife is going to kill me if I buy more shoes. The kids savings accounts are dwindling and I don't think college will accept used VFF's as tuition.

Sorry to turn your thread into another shoe discussion, Chaser.

Rick

Its cool Rick! I'm doing all

Its cool Rick! I'm doing all my runs BF, regardless of distance.

I think we might bring the kids to hells hills with us. My wife enjoys going to my races, although she realizes that shes going to be bored to death for a few hours at least... Lol.

I took yesterday off and got

I took yesterday off and got in 20 min on the bike today. Going to take a couple of days to ease back into running before trying to hammer out 5 or 6 solid weeks.

Going to the doc that used to

Going to the doc that used to be the Director of the Athletics Medicine Department at UT and treated their athletes on Thursday. Hopefully he can help me out with ITBS recovery, then on to Hells Hills 50K for me. If I can get the knee issue down I think I can put in a pretty good effort. Will most likely stick with Trail Gloves with MTs in my bag just in case.

Does anyone have any info on

Does anyone have any info on the Hells Hills course? From the pics posted on the Tejas Trails site it looks like it might be barefoot friendly.... I might rock another 50 miler barefoot!!!

Co-worker has run it several

Co-worker has run it several times. I will ask him. But it is at this park http://www.rockyhillranchtexas.com/visit-rocky-hill-ranch-today

so there are more pics you can check out.

It actually looks better than RRUM in pictures. Maybe I'll rock it barefoot if so since I'm doing the kiddie loop on this one.

It does not look like they take tent reservations but once I clear the doc Thursday and register I'm gonna double check. I plan to get there early with the kid to let him have some fun Friday.

You guys are both doing 50 miles, right?

I have not seen any pics but

I have not seen any pics but it would seem like that area would have a fair amount of rocks. I'll be doing the 50 mile and I'll be heading out for my first training run in a few hours.

Tejas Trails has a facebook

Tejas Trails has a facebook page with good participation. So I asked there too:
8 hours ago near 1 1 1
371229_1163670526_976248239_q.jpg
Julie Escoe Le
wis
‎^^^^ The "Wall" and the "Grind" Watch out for the root snake too. It will get you everytime :)19 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
369326_1498653292_1822031213_q.jpg
Fawn Simpson The Root Snake does bite. And I fell more at HellYeahHills than any other event.[/list][/list]

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test