Hello to all Canadian Barefoot Whackos from Jamie in Pickering

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by jameskulchyk, Nov 7, 2010.

1. jameskulchyk

jameskulchyk Barefooters
    1. Canada

Hi all you CBWs!!!!! Coming from Canada, you gotta figure that this bunch must be the toughest, grittiest, knarliest barefooters that you'll ever meet. And the whackoist (I use that term in only the most complimentary fashion)!!!!

I'm so happy to be in this Chapter ('cus my own little chapter of one in Pickering is pretty sad and lonely) and look forward to running naked from the ankle down with all of you.

I'm 49, married with two teenagers. I'm an Anesthesiologist, a sailor, a vegan, a triathlete, a reader, a winemaker, and a severely bitten barefoot whacko.

I've been running half marathons for about a decade and have been a barefooter since April '10.

Pretty well everybody I know and everybody I run with are convinced of my insanity.

I'm training for some half marathons, the first of which is the Burlington Chilly Half in March '11.

Next season I'll do three or four Olympic Triathlons and maybe a 70.3, if the barefoot half marathons go well. I swim barefoot as well but the bike has me stumped....oh well

Jamie.

2. Barefoot YOW

Barefoot YOW Barefooters
    1. Canada
    2. International

Hello Jamie,

It is a big country and we BFRs are a breed far and few between. It is like one of those Canadian Film Board Hinterland moments. Can you image the camera zooms in as the BFR glides gracefully across the frozen tundra ...

The insane whacko comment rings true here too. Most people say "cool you're barefoot, but what about the winter?"

You and Kitty seem to have so many races planned.

Welcome to the chapter...

PS

Red Green may have an answer for the bike.

3. Horseman42

Horseman42 Chapter Presidents
    1. Canada
    2. Presidents

Planning any more races this year? I may be at the Waterfront race in a few weeks with some other BF runners.

4. jameskulchyk

jameskulchyk Barefooters
    1. Canada

Nothing planned until March with the Chilly Half Marathon in Burlington.

5. Horseman42

Horseman42 Chapter Presidents
    1. Canada
    2. Presidents

You're the runner who ran Cobough tri barefoot? I'm hoping to run a BF tri perhaps next year. Good luck with Chilly Iran it in 99 (shod).

6. jameskulchyk

jameskulchyk Barefooters
    1. Canada

Yes, I came first in my category (old, overweight, slow, barefoot guys). It was a blast. Seems that the barefoot thing has not hit the TRI scene yet (other than me). I love Triathlon and will do all my Tri's barefoot. I hope you get out and do some Tri's.....they are really fun....the limiting factor for me seems to be how far I can go barefoot. I do 12k long runs now so I'm hoping to be able to get a barefoot 21.1 in by March....the Chilly half is really fun and keeps you motivated over the winter. If you do decide to Tri let me know. thanks for the good wishes.

Jamie.