Hello from the netherlands

Tommy

Barefooters
Sep 2, 2014
Hi,
I am Tom, 44 years old and running for about 25 years. Last two years I am running barefoot and started on Vibrams. Going very well but know I wanted to have some more info because I got some a minor injury. After this I bougt Nike Free run 5.0 . Now I am switching between vibram and nike. Inury is almost gone and I run almost only on vibram againg. But want to know more about barefoot running, therefor I joined.

I am not very competitative, I run alone (but keep track with runkeeper and try to improve). I run about 3 times a week (1o km per run) and want this year to run 21 km (half a marahton). Barefoot offcourse

Live in Delft, The Netherlands. Yip, normaly we walk on wooden shoes but this dude barefoot! ;)

We have a chapter in The Netherlands. Please feel free to join via the Chapter's thread up top.

Ken Bob just posted an enlightening, as usual, post in the Dr. Lieberman Strikes Again thread on the home page. Please be sure to check it out.

Reactions: Tommy
Welkommen, Tom! Glad you're here with us. Make a slow, steady, gradual transition and you will most likely avoid serious injuries. Listen to your legs and feet as they provide you feedback: a little bit of complaining because they're tired is OK, but yelling at you because something hurts every time you put a foot down means something is probably wrong, and will only get worse if you keep doing what you're doing. Take the time to do lots of research, both now and as you find difficulties with your transition. This site is the best place in the world to ask questions about how BF running works and what you are experiencing. Enjoy!

Reactions: Tommy