Hello from Sweden!

padefjord

Barefooters
Dec 27, 2020
Uppsala, Sweden
Hi everyone!

I've been in minimalist shoes for almost two years. After I started using them I couldn't stand regular shoes... Made wonders for my feet and back. Not much running done though, a little bit here and there because I know I should, but probably not enough to even mention.

Not sure why but about one month ago now I decided to change that. I set out to run at least three times every week, for at least 20 minutes. After a couple of weeks it wasn't totally boring, and a week later I actually started to enjoy it. Now I'm looking forward to every run I get. I'm only one month into this, but I feel confident that I'll keep it up. At the moment I do a couple of 4-5k runs and one longer, last week I did 10k on Christmas Day and it felt really good!

I don't have any particular goals, but I want to keep increasing my long runs and probably add another weekly run soon. I just enjoy running and my whole body tells me I should keep going. I also hope to run more barefoot (no shoes) when spring and summer comes around.

I live in Uppsala and work in Knivsta. If you're around and don't mind running with a beginner, maybe we could go out together sometime.

Welcome! :barefoot: