Hello from Port Townsend, WA

Hi,
My name is Scott Marckx and I just joined the barefoot forum and the Washington chapter. I live in Port Townsend, WA and am very new at barefoot running, (started last spring) but I'm very hooked! Just got Ken Bob's book and I've been studying up after hurting my foot recently wearing minimal sandals. I'd been doing alright barefoot, but overdoing it some and then put on the sandals to keep going on cold days. Oh well, live and learn... Still hooked though and more determined to stay all the way barefoot.

I never knew running could be low impact! That is the best! I'm excited to learn all I can and get out there running more.

I'm not quite sure how this forum works yet...not all that computer savy, but eventually I hope to figure it out.

All the best,
Scott Marckx

Reactions: Sid and Phil Hart
You'll find this site is very friendly, memberwise and userwise. Welcome! :barefoot:

Welcome to the crew, Scott. This site is a vast and deep resource for all things BF and minimal running. Sounds like you've had the same start most of made on our own. Asking good questions here will get you lots of help on how to avoid potential problems and injuries with BF and minimal running as well as how to successfully and healthily make the transition. Glad to have you with us.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ