Hello from Nashville

paintboy

Barefooters
Jun 12, 2011
Hi all. Newbie here. Ive been running in vibrams since December. Having a blast. I had not been able to run for over a year because of a knee injury until I found vibrams. No knee pain or swelling. That first mile knocked me on my butt. But all is well now.
lol.png

Welcome!

Welcome!

Old Paint:Welcome.  What

Old Paint:

Welcome. What part of Nashville are you in? I'll be in Goodlettsville this weekend visiting my wife's dad. We're both Tennesseans, but have lived in Atlanta for the last 14 years. By the grace of God, we're moving away from this monstrosity to Raleigh, NC next month.

Take your time, and be careful with the VFFs. I purchased myself a stress fracture using them instead of getting the more accurate, direct feedback you get from your actual bare soles. I'd suggest you start slowly working true barefoot into your routine, as it will help you keep from doing too much too soon (TMTS) as well as helping you cement good mid/fore-foot landing form into muscle memory.

Enjoy!

Phil

Hey there and welcome. I live

Hey there and welcome. I live in the Nashville area as well, just outside Franklin. Make sure you join the TN Chapter forums and keep an eye out for some group runs coming up.