Hello from Minnesota...

Hi everyone,
Just got back into running after almost 12 years of pausing. Asthma made it impossible for me to run so I quit. Nevertheless I was allergic to cats and with my old buddy Meeko gone I am finally back to normal! As I enjoy being barefoot I will try this also with running.. :) I am completely new to it and did just a 2.5 mile run in my Feelmax shoes with a 1.5 mm sole.. feels almost like barefoot.. (I know i'm a chicken..:) My calves were hurting quite a bit but my feet were just fine. So I am looking forward to more and also to communicate in this forum with so many wonderful people.
Bernd

Reactions: Stephanie
Sorry about Meeko, RIP. Glad to have you here, Bernd!

Hi Bernd, be sure to join the MN Chapter, Chapters link above, if you want to!

I see you are a member, yes, thanks. I don't see it in your posting info box. There should be a little MN flag there. If you want to, you can go into your Profile (upper right of the site), and click on Personal Details, then click in the box of the chapter(s) you belong too.

Welcome, Bernd! BF will pleasantly surprise you with a little work and patience. Shoes certainly have a place (and for sure in the Frozen Northlands where you live), but BF is so much more fun and gets your form sculpted correctly so you don't have those tight calves. Give it a try in the spring. Relax your feet totally, lean forward from your ankles slightly, lift and gently set down your feet, and let gravity pull you along. The sore calves will disappear.

Glad to have you with us here.

Thanks Phil,
I am looking forward to it and my goal is to run BF most of the time! I'm doing much more stretching too thanks to all the good hints in this forum, so my calves will hurt hopefully less over time. I am running in Feelmax Kuusaa with a 1.3 mm out-sole. I removed the insole, so the feel to me is pretty close to BF. Not sure what I will use on snow or ice later on...
Feelmax Kuusaa.JPG

I haven't seen those Kuusaas before. Those look to be about the best minshoe I've seen. You could wear them with wool socks this winter to keep your feet a bit warmer.

You can also get used to the temps as they drop. When you are new to running in below freezing temps, just run a little, no more than a mile, carry your shoes and socks, then put them on and finish your run. Continue to acclimate to the drops in temperature, as the temperature drops, so do just a little more each time it gets colder. Run smart though. Don't do anything you think would cause you harm, and if you're feeling or sensing "it," put your socks and shoes back on right away. If you approach it this way, you will be amazed at how low you can go.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts