Hello from Indonesia

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Nyeker Man, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Nyeker Man

Nyeker Man
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Indonesia

Hello all... this is my 3rd month running barefoot. I tried running barefoot for fixing my running form after an accident during a sprint exercise. I found out my heart rate is lower when running barefoot, then I became more serious studying about barefoot running. So far I can run 10 km (6+ miles) barefoot albeit slow. Still feeling sore on the soles behind the toes - I guess this will disappear once the technique is refined.

2. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    1. Test Chapter
    2. Nomad
    3. Hidden...
    4. Hidden...

Welcome Nyeker! Regardless of the speed you are at, do you feel that you have more energy while running barefoot due to the lower heart rate, like you could run farther barefoot than at the same speed as shoes?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Nyeker Man likes this.
  3. Nyeker Man

Nyeker Man
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Indonesia

Yes you are spot on... it feels lighter and it is like I have more reserves of energy. I can’t explain why...

Barefoot TJ likes this.
  4. erickeVolved

erickeVolved
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters

Welcome, Nyeker!

Nyeker Man likes this.
  5. trevize1138

trevize1138
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Minnesota

Exactly. I was getting sore in that same spot until I finally took the advice to just lift my feet off the ground. Before that I was always pushing/pawing at the ground with each step. It was a psychological barrier for me: "I want to go fast so I need to push off hard, right?"

Listening to your feet and running barefoot in a way that doesn't cause your feet to hurt is fast running, I've come to find. Even the most minimalist of shoes mask inefficient friction. Barefoot isn't just about correcting form to prevent injury it can be a way to really fine-tune your running economy and boost performance.

Nyeker Man and Barefoot TJ like this.