Hello from Indonesia

Nyeker Man

Barefooters
Oct 27, 2017
Hello all... this is my 3rd month running barefoot. I tried running barefoot for fixing my running form after an accident during a sprint exercise. I found out my heart rate is lower when running barefoot, then I became more serious studying about barefoot running. So far I can run 10 km (6+ miles) barefoot albeit slow. Still feeling sore on the soles behind the toes - I guess this will disappear once the technique is refined.

Welcome Nyeker! Regardless of the speed you are at, do you feel that you have more energy while running barefoot due to the lower heart rate, like you could run farther barefoot than at the same speed as shoes?

Reactions: Nyeker Man
Still feeling sore on the soles behind the toes - I guess this will disappear once the technique is refined.

Exactly. I was getting sore in that same spot until I finally took the advice to just lift my feet off the ground. Before that I was always pushing/pawing at the ground with each step. It was a psychological barrier for me: "I want to go fast so I need to push off hard, right?"

Listening to your feet and running barefoot in a way that doesn't cause your feet to hurt is fast running, I've come to find. Even the most minimalist of shoes mask inefficient friction. Barefoot isn't just about correcting form to prevent injury it can be a way to really fine-tune your running economy and boost performance.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmeiners11

Latest posts