hello from Houston TX

Lorena

Barefooters
Nov 24, 2016
Happy to be here in the forum. And even happier to have done the transition to bf. All happened after getting an injury on my sartorius. I was doing all wrong. Running every day, not resting, not strength and yes, wearing cushion cushion and more cushion! While in bed and in pain I started to educating myself if that can be applied to a stubborn person like me opps! Well, the thing is that after reading many articles about how to avoid injuries ( hell! I should have known better lol! ) One of them mentioned about the bf running, I confess that i was caught up and even captivated by that. So about 7 months ago I started this long and beautiful journey going from traditional to following my nature! I am still on the process of course since definitely this must be done little by little. I got rid off all my regular shoes and now I can do a few miles with naked feet and a little bit more on my xero scandals. Even so I am struggling with my endurance and not sure if I will be able to complete my first marathon on January 15 due to the fact that more than 10 miles on them makes me feel like I need a little bit more so I'm hoping that merrel shoes may help me. Of course I keep trying so we'll see. Well, just wanted to introduce myself and I'm excited to all the information and experiences I will learn and share on the best website for those who have decided to listen to their Wilde side. :)

Welcome, Lorena! :barefoot: