Hello from England

Welcome, LillyBeth! Please feel free to join the UK Chapter, link above.

Welcome Lilly! How long have you being running? you're going to have fun here-promise!

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Yes, yes! Very welcome you are indeed!

I think you should be able to find another BF / Min runner or two to trot about with sometime. England's not that big, is it? I know there are some members in Scotland. How far away is that?

I'm not really that geographically challenged. My wife's born and raised in Wiltshire. Scotland, I know, isn't that convenient. We do have members a bit closer to you, and I hope you can meet up with them sometime.

VFF's are fine. Though I run mostly BF when the weather is decent, I've still managed to about wear out my first pair of Bikilas. I have logged more than 1,800 miles on them and will happily run in them once in awhile.

Reactions: Barefoot Dama
Thanks everyone. It's great to have found such an excellent resource :)

Welcome Lilly! How long have you being running? you're going to have fun here-promise!

Not that long this time round; I was a fairly keen (shod) 10k runner about 17 years ago, then went off it and just did walking. It's only been the last few months that I'd started getting an urge to run again, but the thought of trying to find the "right" running shoes put me off. Then I bought my first pair of VFFs in March and started walking in them, first on road then for progressively longer off road distances until I was comfortable in them. I began the Couch to 5K plan on 21st May and all was going well until I slightly sprained my ankle last week (I think that's what it is but I'm waiting to see the physio) so am resting at the mo. I had planned to run on Thursday and today but something is clearly not quite right :(

...I know there are some members in Scotland. How far away is that?...

To give you an idea of distance I'm a 6+ hour drive from Edinburgh and about 3 hours from Wiltshire, so not exactly local unfortunately.

Thanks everyone. It's great to have found such an excellent resource :)

Not that long this time round; I was a fairly keen (shod) 10k runner about 17 years ago, then went off it and just did walking. It's only been the last few months that I'd started getting an urge to run again, but the thought of trying to find the "right" running shoes put me off. Then I bought my first pair of VFFs in March and started walking in them, first on road then for progressively longer off road distances until I was comfortable in them. I began the Couch to 5K plan on 21st May and all was going well until I slightly sprained my ankle last week (I think that's what it is but I'm waiting to see the physio) so am resting at the mo. I had planned to run on Thursday and today but something is clearly not quite right :(

quote]

I am so sorry about your ankle, I realy hope is nothing too serious. I'll keep my fingers crossed for good news from the Physio.