Heel pain when bending over

Discussion in 'Ask the Docs' started by Colleen Higgins, Jul 27, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Colleen Higgins

Colleen Higgins Barefooters

Hello!
    So I’ve been using barefoot/minimalist shoes for a few years (2-3) now, but I recently started running again. I was running just 1-2 miles a few times a week totally barefoot, no pain during the runs. However, whenever I bend over I get a really sharp pain in the inside of my heel - not the back or under my heel, only the inner side. The pain is like something is about to tear, a little tingly and very painful. My doctor took one look at my barefoot sandals and told me I needed “orthotic insoles with more support for the arch”. Does anyone know what this pain is and what I should do about it? I’ve been rolling out and stretching my calves and resting my feet, but I’m not sure it’s helping at all. Do I really need insoles?

2. Dr. Mark

Dr. Mark Barefooters
    1. West Virginia

Colleen really hard to say over email wo seeing your foot. sounds like a variant of plantar fascia as the tissue sounds the heel. working on calf mobility can help as well as the soft tissue massage. if you are near WV drop in our store in Ranson. Two Rivers Treads
    Mark

Barefoot TJ likes this.