Have you noticed...?

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
Have you noticed the really cool-looking International Globe on the site? Have you clicked on it (once you've logged in)? If not, please do. Check out our new flags on our Chapters pages as well. Very, very cool!

We have been international from nearly the start, but it was hard to tell at first glance. Now, all will know. With consistent, persistent nagging, er uh, I mean urging, from Johannes :) to make the BRS's website "look & feel" more international in order to draw in more members from around the world, we have implemented some new changes. Thank you, Johannes!

Next, we will make the Chapters List page public for non-authenticated readers, but first we have some modules that will be implemented later this month which will change all of the URLs/links on each of the Chapter pages (only), so we have to hold off.

This new module will also turn the Chapters into group forums and allow the Chapter Presidents to group their conversations (just like the main forums), have a section for their upcoming events, enable the Chapters to send email each time a new thread is created or a thread is posted to (which members can choose to opt out of), and link the Calendar events to their respective Chapters.

Very cool stuff going on here at the BRS, and we owe it all to those who have so generously donated their time and/or money. Without the donations from our members and our tee shirt sales, we wouldn't have this really awesome resource (the BRS) to offer you all. We hope you enjoy it. If you do, and only if you can, please consider making a donation to the BRS. Thank you all!

You only get the error if you are not logged in. Log in and try again. If you are logged in and try and get an error, then empty your cache. We are going to change that to public once we have the new module in place, so you don't have to log in to click on the Globe and see the Chapters List.

Just trying out the globe. I still get the error message--I don't have the right permissions--after I've logged in, cleared cache, closed and reopened my browser (Safari), and re-logged in. When I get the error message it indicates that I'm not logged in.
If this is all going to be cleared up with the new module, I wouldn't stress over it too much. I can access all the chapters from the chapters menu.
I just tried logging in on another page after clicking on the globe; it let me and then I got to see the chapters. I'll check to see if I have to log out twice as well.

Yes, I'll have to log out twice. I'm posting this from the other tab after logging out on the first tab. It recognizes me as the same account though as the posts I've seen recently on the other tab didn't show up under the What's New? heading.

I've noticed that if I am logged in on one tab then open a new tab, sometimes it sees me as logged in on that new tab and sometimes it doesn't. You have to look at the upper right of the screen to tell. If it doesn't, although I am logged in under another tab, it won't let me access certain stuff. So please make sure you are logged in (upper right of the screen) before determining if you can or can't access something. If you find you are showing truly logged in on that particular tab and still can't access a page from that tab, please create a thread in the Site Help forum. Sorry for the frustration.

With consistent, persistent nagging, er uh, I mean urging, from Johannes :) to make the BRS's website "look & feel" more international in order to draw in more members from around the world, we have implemented some new changes. Thank you, Johannes!
You´re welcome ;)
Hadn´t seen this thread before...
I´m very curious about the new Chapter module, and I´m sure it´s going to be great.

Would you like to help us test out the new modules on the test site? The developer is working on a few more kinks, then we will open up to some beta testers.