Happy Half

JosephTree

Barefooters
Sep 7, 2010
Near Valley Forge, PA
I got through another of my spring road race runs yesterday. The Allentown, PA St. Lukes Half was run on about the nicest day for a race you can imagine, with brilliant sunshine and a starting temp of about 45F. I wore my Vibrams and might have gotten by without as they'd rerouted off a couple miles of crushed stone since last year's race. I saw maybe 5 other VFF wearers and no BFRs.
I took 11 minutes off my last year's time, though I felt kind of fady after 11 miles. I need to get my chops up for a full 26.1 on 5/20. My main consolation is that I can run it in 9 or 10 minute miles insted of sub-8s and won't tire as quickly. Hi ho!
Trail running season's just around the corner!

I think you can do it. Plan for the full, but not so soon, maybe later in the year.

I actually live within spitting distance of Valley Forge Park, on the north side of the Schuylkill River. Nice running territory in my opinion.
Too late, TJ. I've already paid my entry fee and made overnight arrangements. It'll just be a long training run. No sweat!
Thanks

Too late, TJ. I've already paid my entry fee and made overnight arrangements. It'll just be a long training run. No sweat! Biiiiig mistake don't say you weren't warned...:p

Congrats on you half 11 mins off is huge.

wow...nice job on the 1/2
I always have a hard time running races without some sort of competitive response.
Hope you can do it without pushing too hard :)
Good luck!!