Hallo :-)

BFwillie_g

Barefooters
May 17, 2010
Kulmbach, Germany
Hi,

just got signed up, thanks to Zumba who invited me and TJ who re-invited me after I screwed up the first attempt.

I use the same name at RWOL, so, well, that's me, lol.

Real quick bio - I'm from NY, born in Brooklyn, grew up in Rockland Co. Been living in Germany since the end of 1995 with my wife, Brigitte and we've had a daughter, Isabella since Oct 1999.

Been running a long time and have included BF sessions as a "training tool" for the past five yrs or so, sometimes more, sometimes less. Usually less.

Yes, I was inspired to go full-time BF by Born To Run (and proud of it, what the hey!).

I made my own Huaraches and experiment with them a bit. Mine are a little different and I'll post a thread on how I did it when I get a chance.

Anyway, I love barefooting and am really turning into a Barefooter instead of just someone looking to enhance his running by adding a little BF/MF. I mean, I haven't worn shoes at all except when absolutely necessary (lawn mowing, for example, we don't have a "lawn" we have a field) for over a month now. Been shopping BF, out to eat in Huaraches, and of course running! I can only BF on pavement so far as the farm roads I mostly run on are just too rough, too many sharp stones for my bare skin to deal with. But I'll get there!

See ya'll 'round the water tables

PS - nothing happens when I click the smileys... so here: :) ahhh... manual input works, I see ;-)

Hey there. Glad you found

Hey there. Glad you found your way. Seems like a great place! Also, thanks for sharing your bio. Glad you're enjoying being barefoot.

Welcome.  Be sure to check

Welcome. Be sure to check out the new Germany forum. -TJ

Howdy Willie! glad to see you

Howdy Willie! glad to see you made it over :)