Guy runs in Chuck Taylors (*ghaaaasp!!!!!!*)

Barefoot Mary

Barefooters
Jul 27, 2010
Denver, CO
Found this video on RunnersWorld.com and was wondering if anyone else saw it...This guy ran in Chuck Taylors, much to the chagrin of his blog fans. Video HERE

It's funny when people expect the world to end without heel cushioning or toe springs. Although, he is a heel-striker and running in Chucks could mean CERTAIN DEATH!

I'm not a fan of Chucks anymore - too narrow, & WAY too stiff... my husband smacks his feet painfully on pavement when he runs to catch a bus in them. That all goes without saying.

But it makes me wonder if our grandfathers could and did run in Chucks becuase they had better form, pre-1970s athletic shoe heels...just an idea. I know the pros were more into slippers than chucks though. No groundfeel. I'm almost tempted to take my barefoot form for a spin in them, though my wide toes would protest loudly.

Thoughts?

That's Mark Remy, Executive

That's Mark Remy, Executive Editor of Runner's World Online. He's the one I wrote to when I begged them to create the RW BFR Forum. He's pretty cool and likes to go against the grain. That's why he said, "When they said he couldn't/shouldn't do it," referreing to running in the Chuck Taylors he did. And that's probably why he humored me and created the BFR Forum too.

I think he could care less one way or another though. He just likes to stir the pot.

Did I hear someone cut one or belch just before they began running?

I ran a marathon in some

I ran a marathon in some retro canvas sneeks last summer, but do not use them anymore. Pony Feed the dog" I was having some TOFP and the shoe helped stabilize my foot. but now I moved on. The shoes had a more

roomy toe box then chucks but still too much shoe.

pony021-3.jpg
pony021-2.jpg

You should send that over the

You should send that over the Mark Remy to see, PB. I looked for a comments section to that video, but there was none.

Every time i see a heel

Every time i see a heel striker running i cringe, because it hurts just watching them. I never fully understood why the average runner hasn't ever, even accidentally, ran barefoot with a heel strike and go "wow, this kinda hurts, maybe im doing something wrong?"

All that padding deafens

All that padding deafens their minds.

Cool.

Cool.

Thanks!  This is funny.I

Thanks! This is funny.

I love how his buddy is complaining that he's going to ruin a perfectly good pair of Chucks! Hilarious!

And what is this BS about someone having to get back to work by 1? I'd think that one of the benefits of working at Runner's World would be that you could always show up late to a meeting because you were running. Damn.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts