Gunfighter Stampede HM

PB Junkie

Barefooters
Oct 31, 2011
Idaho
[URL=http://s48.photobucket.com/user/Shadow38/media/GS2edit_zps0de76e54.jpg.html][/URL]

Did my half marathon yesterday.
I slept pretty well Friday night, until 3:00 am. Woke up and couldn't do more than try to rest until 5:00 am. I got up and got things ready and had banana pancakes (2 eggs, small banana and 1 tblsp of coconut flour). I wore a tank top along with spandex shorts, my kilt, Luna Leadville Sandals, and a ball cap. Left the house at 6:00. The weather was perfect, low 50s and breezy. As someone who doesn't handle running in warm weather very well, I was happy. The race started right on time at 8:00.
The first 3 or 4 miles weren't the best, just trying to get in my groove. The course was a combination of dirt farm roads and road mix. At points, it was moon dust, which is really fine, loose dirt. I was really happy to have my Lunas here as it only took a second to get the dirt out. Started felling pretty good after 4 miles or so. At about 6 miles, came up on a couple of hills. I did power hike for a little bit on the really steep one as I'm faster doing that. At about 6.5 miles, I munched on a Luna bar bite sized.
I was feeling pretty good and the miles were ticking along. I got out to the main road (dirt with road mix) that I would be on from about mile 7.5 until the finish. There were rolling hills but I kept chugging along without any power hiking. I did pass a few folks in the stretch from about 9-12 miles or so. At about 10 miles, I had a fruit leather type snack. At about 11 miles, I was getting pretty tired, but not surprising since my longest run in training was 11. Around 11.5 we were in pavement until the end. At a little after 12 miles, it was a steep downhill down to the marina (Snake River). The worst part was turning into the marina area as the road and parking area were very rocky. Managed to cross the finish in 2:42. I'm happy with my time. Last year it took me 2:55 because the heat got to me.
It sure felt good to put my feet in the river afterward.
I think I'm done with half marathons for now. I don't think I have the desire to do the longer runs anymore. I won't say I'll never do it again, but I'm ready for short runs with my dog again.

I'll bet your doggie will appreciate your time spent with 'em too! :joyful:

Congrats!
Maybe you just got burned out with the longer runs and your body desperately needs a break from them.

Congrats!
Maybe you just got burned out with the longer runs and your body desperately needs a break from them.

I agree. I've been running very low mileage for the past month (9-11 miles per week) and I'm really enjoying it.