Grrrrrr!! What did I do to myself?

Wideguy

Barefooters
Mar 14, 2011
SE Massachusetts, USA
OK... so back on May 1st I was working, pushing an 800pound box across a carpet , up on my toes and felt this tiny pull in my calf. Right in the bottom inch of the interior lobe, right in the meat. Didn't think much of it at first but got progressively worse through the rest of my work day, and next day very painful and I knew I was off running a while.

Took 2 weeks, did ice at least twice a day, Ibuprofen, wrapped it ...was walking , climbing stairs , completely pain free and figured i was "ok". 2 weeks to teh day of the initial incident I tried a run. Made it exactly .9 miles when i felt the first pull... and by 1.0 miles I was walking, limping home. Same spot, same leg,... more immediately painful this time.

Two weeks later, repeated my massage, ice, wrapping regimine... all feeling good... was teaching the fitness badge with my scouts and sent them for 1/4 mile run... saw a yound scout flagging about halfway around the lap and wanted to encourage so I jogger the last 1/8 mile with him ... and almost didn't make it.

Now the pain is up behind thr right side of my knee, in the meat of teh muscle and in lesser amount all the way down near my heel. Walking is fine, but not 100% pain free... anything up on my toes is painful.

No swelling or bruising in any incident that I noticed, but something's not right. I know the easy answer is go to the doctor. But I'm wondering if anyone has experience with similar. Assuming it'snot a rupture, which pretty sure it's not, what's the treatment? Paying a PT 3X a week is financially not an option.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. Any head slaps are probably deserved.

Thanks,

Wideguy

Don't think there is a ton

Don't think there is a ton physical therapy can do for muscle strains/tears. If that is all it is you need to rest it the best you can and maybe do some contrast hydrotherapy.

Have you thought about

Have you thought about posting this in the Ask the Docs forum? I wish you speedy healing, WG.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test