Greetings from Ohio

jouno53

Barefooters
Oct 13, 2011
Hello everone, I'd like to properly introduce myself, since my first few posts were regarding an injury that I discussed on the other forums here.

My name is Ryan and I am currently a freshman computer engineering student at the University of Akron in Akron, Ohio. About a month ago I heard about barefoot/minimalist running, and picked up a pair of VFFs and Merrel's to run in and wear on a daily basis, respectively. As some of you may know, I did too much too soon and ended up injuring my right foot and ankle, but I plan on taking my time from here on out to build up to being actually able to run barefoot. I'm very excited!

Up until the start of this summer, fitness was not a significant part of my life. My incredibly inspirational friend Dave turned his garage into a Crossfit gym, where I trained all summer. Since I've started school here, I have continued working out and feel great. Crossfit, barefoot running, and sticking to a Paleo diet (as best as I can at school) have really re-invigorated my life!

Next fall I will be starting Air Force ROTC, and am very glad that there is a significant military chapter here at the Barefoot runners society.

Enough about me - I'd like to get to know you guys and maybe, hopefully, meet some people in the area who would like to go barefoot running some time. The towpath trail goes right by UA, so maybe some people in the area would like to run that trail.

Have a blessed day,

Ryan

Welcome, Ryan.  Glad to have

Welcome, Ryan. Glad to have you here!