Greetings from Atlanta, Georgia!

Hi everyone,

I hope you all are doing well! My name is Trey (27) and I live in the Atlanta metropolitan area. While growing up in hot and humid southwest Georgia, my neighbors would play outside barefoot, but my parents would never let my siblings and I go outside without our shoes. Now that I am 27 and I know that it is common to be barefoot in my state, I have decide to give this a try!

I have heard about this site years before joining, and finally decided to join! In February 2022, I started walking barefoot around a track and field area, and loved the feeling of being barefoot. I went from there to doing barefoot runs 2-3 times a week.

In May, I spent a week running with my shoes. I started feeling shin splints and pain that I did not feel while running barefoot. Since then, I stopped running with my shoes and I now prefer to be barefoot as much as possible. I want to live a healthier lifestyle, and I think that being barefoot and connected to nature is very important in helping to achieve that lifestyle.

Also, I received my first pair of minimalist sandals yesterday, and I am just in love with them!

Thank you for accepting me into the community. I look forward to making new friends and receiving advice on how to become a better barefoot runner. :happy:

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Welcome! Glad to have you here! :barefoot:

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test