Grand Canyon R2R Study May 21-22

My latest Grand Canyon Association newsletter says that the University of New Mexico will be doing a study of Rim-to-Rim hikers/runners on May 21-22, 2016.

The announcement is looking for volunteers to take data over that time period. They also note that

IMPORTANT: The research team is NOT recruiting volunteers to attempt a Rim-to-Rim hike. It is
not recommended that individuals without the requisite experience attempt to do so independently.
Volunteers assisting in this study will be assisting researchers in the collection of data at trailheads on
the South Rim or North Rim. Volunteers with significant hiking experience may be asked to staff a
more remote data collection station at the Phantom Ranch Ranger Station.
Folks here might like to volunteer.

Or, if you are in the area, you might consider just doing a hike/run during that time period and becoming part of the survey/study.

Here's a link to a PDF describing the study: http://files.ctctcdn.com/b2101116001/7de820fd-3698-4248-a172-fb84f71ba1b2.pdf

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Can I move this to the Barefoot Hiking forum?

PS. I wasn't sure to post it in "running" or "hiking" since the study refers to both. Maybe it should be in both.

Done. One copy with pointers to both forums.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts