Got maps?

Gkikas

Barefooters
Mar 23, 2011
So this morning I had a great, adventurous run at the crack of dawn. I ran further than I had run barefoot before, 4.17 miles with very little discomfort (knee a little achy at mile 3 but better by 4.) I felt like I could keep going, and it was magical.

I've been running different, improvised routes every time, lately. On top of being exciting, not knowing where I'm going (a state with which I'm quite familiar) has led to some surprise new distances. I didn't start this morning saying to myself I was going to run 4 miles because if I had, I probably would've stuck to 3.

But my real point is this... I'm super, super fortunate to live where I do. It's a golf course community in Florida with miles (and miles) of sidewalks, cart paths, winding chipseal roads with manicured landscaping. It's a runner's dream... or at least mine, at the moment. Have a look at my route this morning, and then how much golf course there is yet to explore. If you're using a modern browser, right-click the and view the image in a new tab/window so you can see the whole thing unimpeded by the Zem girl's butt... LOL.

[Note to mods: I intentionally left this photo at full resolution to preserve detail... sorry for the overspill. I can resize it on request]

Given that today, none of the golf course employees gave me any hassle for running the course that early in the morning, I'm tempted to believe I can get away with it until I hear otherwise. I'm stoked that by digging into this mapping feature on the Runkeeper website, I've gotten a great bird's eye view of 'all my options!'

Do any of you use Runkeeper (or similar app) to track/map your runs? Care to share some screenshots (or Runkeeper friendships -- my username is cgkikas) so we can compare and enjoy seeing each others' routes?

Here's a shot I paused to take this morning where that gray dot on the map is, just before mile 2. Too pretty not to stop for a minute, an action which would never, ever have occurred to me to do before my whole perspective on running changed by going barefoot.

the_bridge.jpg

Peace

Thank you for sharing.  I run

Thank you for sharing. I run on cart paths all the time, and I think it's beautiful.

Please do resize and set a link to the original picture, so that it can be viewed in full. That picture is nearly 2MB in size.

I request this of all images though, so if we could all keep the sizes down, that will reduce the bandwidth and keep our costs down. Most pictures could stand to be in the 10K - 25K size. Just resizing them within the properties of the window on this site doesn't cut out the unnecessary bits. It just shrinks the way we see the photo, but the site still has to render all of the bits, so if everyone could please reduce the size of their photos before uploading, it would be very much appreciated.

There we go... I resized and

There we go... I resized and converted it to JPG so it's essentially a thumbnail that links to the full-size photo. Thanks for letting me know about how big that image was... I hadn't noticed!

So much better.  Thank you! 

So much better. Thank you! It's much appreciated.